It’s over

Advertisement
I think Trevor and Justin, among the other stars in college football, have all done a huge service to college football and the country by not taking this lying down.

The NCAA and the Conf presidents are SCARED ****LESS all because of liability. It could also include the pay for play and likeness stuff from this year, however I think it is straight liability and covid ****.

The kids will be fine. I will venture to say that not a single D1 P5 athlete will die from Covid..

Unfortunately the media and the Armageddon news reports on the daily have freaked everyone out that some how some of the most athletic young people on planet earth, are some how in MORE danger, spitting and sweating on each other in controlled, isolated environments, than if they were back in the the various marginalised low income neighborhoods they are from?

If kids will be on campus for class, they can play football. I would go so far as to say that if you isolated football players from gen pop for the fall semester (I assume they are doing this), they are arguably going to be the healthiest people around.

The lack of transparency by the conferences and the NCAA is going to change forever now these players are standing up. The vast majority wants to play, twitter is a good barometer for that. Fans or not, they should be allowed to. I am sure if it was all about a waver, everyone would sign it. That is how much this means to these kids.

Also, waiting for spring doesn't change ****.
Well said

Screenshot_20200810-095719_Twitter.jpg

Advertisement
Sucks there ain't gonna be a season. I'm trying to just resign myself to that notion now so it's not a big shock when the official word comes down.

As everyone expected, the SEC will be the last holdout. **** shame. If I'm the SEC, I stick to my guns and play a conference season. The ACC is full of pussies, so I can see them folding. If the SEC, ACC and Big 12 hang in there, then they could still play and have a championship.

Advertisement
After all the Sh*t Ohio State AD was talking about playing football. They voted not to have a season. I can care less about the Big Ten and rose bowl butt buddy Pac-12

There’s no way the ACC and SEC cancel. Practice has already started. The TV revenue losses would be massive. They should use shutting down as leverage to renegotiate those contracts. They need to offset ticket losses.
What they should accept is that stadiums will be empty. There’s no viable solution to fit even 25% capacity in a stadium and social distance. The logistics of entering, leaving, concessions, and even taking a **** at halftime are impossible.

Advertisement
Lmao I can’t wait for the SEC to be the only conference playing and for whoever wins to claim the NC.

But seriously good for them. Stick to your guns and publicly start calling out all these candy a** schools. If your team wants to play, let them play.

He is trying to compare the death rate from COVID to the death rate from the common flu.
But he's saying it's 5 times deadlier and we're going to have 320,000 deaths by the end of the year. That would require an infection rate equivalent to what we've already seen. It's not happening.

Advertisement
After all the Sh*t Ohio State AD was talking about playing football. They voted not to have a season. I can care less about the Big Ten and rose bowl butt buddy Pac-12

We don’t know that they voted that way. That’s what “sources” told a few reporters. Could be BS.

But he's saying it's 5 times deadlier and we're going to have 320,000 deaths by the end of the year. That would require an infection rate equivalent to what we've already seen. It's not happening.
Correct. It will not be. Also, the average age of the newly infected is lower and the average health of the newly infected is higher. Thus, even if the infection rate is the same, I would expect the death rate to be lower.

The only way we reach 320,000 is if we have a bigger second wave in the fall. It happened in the flu pandemic of 1918-1919, but I would expect the mistakes of that pandemic not to repeat themselves.

Correct. It will not be. Also, the average age of the newly infected is lower and the average health of the newly infected is higher.

The only way we reach 320,000 is if we have a bigger second wave in the fall. It happened in the flu pandemic of 1918-1919, but I would expect the mistakes of that pandemic not to repeat themselves.
It's also a completely different family of virus. It won't follow the same pattern just as it didn't die off in the summer.

Advertisement
Back