It’s over

Lol at moving football to the spring shutting down players organIzing or unionizing. This issue isn’t going away because they postpone or cancel the season, if anything it will only intensify.

They want to show how much they care about the safety and health of the players, start by giving every one of the players health insurance and long term disability insurance for the duration of their time at the school.

If the powers that be want to continue to act like this isn’t about revenue, it’s going to end badly for them. Start with some small basic concessions like health insurance and allowing the kids to profit off of their own image and move from there. The schools would still rake in massive profits and get to pretend they care about the kids.

You wanna start cancelling seasons to gear up for a war on “amateurism” and revenue, good luck with all that.

Advertisement
What I don't understand is, why the sudden change of heart? In July, when the numbers were much worse, I could understand having the discussion about canceling the season. However, over the past week or 2, the number of new cases per day has gone down. Why not just start the season and let it be known that if just one team has 25% or more of their team test positive within a 2 week time frame, the season is canceled across the board? The season may have to be canceled, but at least they gave it a shot.

As an aside, I wonder what the WWII generation would think about the absolute selfishness of our day and age? In their day, they grew up during the Great Depression and then fought in WWII where most men had to fight due to the draft, but they actually WANTED to fight because they wanted to defend their country. Many women had to work and food and other items were rationed. It was a teamwork mentality that is foreign to Americans today (for the most part).

Today, there are so many who would not sacrifice a **** thing for anyone. Wear a **** mask, stay 6 feet apart when in public, stay home as much as possible. It's not rocket science and shouldn't be a political issue at all. This could have been under control if this country would just suck it up, be adults, and sacrifice a bit for a while. Treat this thing like a war where we all do our part and it will "magically go away". We can do more. There is no reason why we have 4% of the world's population, but 25% of the Covid cases and deaths.

It isn't just the flu. Yes, the death rate is now about the same, however, it is obviously much more contagious. The number of deaths by flu in the U.S. since 2010 was between 12,000 - 65,000 per year. In less than 5 months, we are at 160,000 with this thing, so about 320,000 in a year at this rate or 5 times as many deaths as the flu, even in a higher than average year.
Are you suggesting that an additional 160,000 people are going to die in the next 5 months?

Are you trying to be dense on purpose? Look at what happened during the Flu Pandemic of 1918, same **** happened. Most of the people complied, but some didn't and paid the price (there was even an anti-mask league. Philadelphia lost a lot of people because of their "parade" and when San Fransisco opened up too early, they paid the price as well. A contagious pandemic is temporal, it has a short shelf life. If you know anything about history, plagues, and mass deaths are not all that uncommon. The whole point of trying to stop the spread is to stop what's happening right now. If enough people get it, then a **** load of people are going to die. Because it's not as deadly as other strains actually helps it stick around, because it makes it easier to spread.

If you guys don't want to follow the medical experts then you guys are a ******* entitled, dumb *** generation that deserves all the misery you sow. You said you were in the marines right? If we had to storm a compound and take out some sick terrorist *****, I'm going to follow what you say, because you are the expert on military tactics right? I'm not going to ask whether you're Democrat or Republican, I'm going to follow your lead, my life depends on it! Now, that the medical experts are telling you what you need to do, you question there every **** statement and suggestion??? WTF is wrong with you people? The internet has ruined your ******* minds, you guys think you know ****, but you don't know jack ****. One example, Dr. Fauci said to wear it, then not wear a mask, he doesn't know ****!!! Wrong dumbass, the COVID virus is a Novel virus, which means it's new. Fauci was just relaying information that the experts were telling him based on the best information possible. It's a fluid situation, so they had to correct course like they're supposed to. Stop acting like **** whining prima donnas, and follow the **** medical experts so we can get out of this mess, and save as many people as possible.

Lastly, my mother works as an administrator at a local hospital as a hospital administrator. They had to open up an extra three whole floors for extra covid patients and have now (since a week and a half ago) started turning patients away. Most of those patients went to hospitals all the way in Broward. When Covid first hit, she said, they didn't have any patients for the whole first three months. She's been involved in the hospital business for over 40 years, she said this is the worst she's ever seen. Her advice to me was that this is a very strange disease and the reason Doctors are freaked out about it, is that it affects people in different ways. (everything from mild to no symptom, to life-threatening damage to your lungs and heart, and of course death). This is not something you want! Why would my mother be blowing smoke up my ***? Also, she's voted for a Republican in every election since Ronald Reagan. Take the politics out of it, stop thinking you know all there is to know about this virus, because not even the experts know what the **** this virus is truly about. Be patient, and instead of sowing dissent and supporting wing nut theories, be responsible and prudent and help save lives. Trump's biggest failure was not to take this pandemic seriously. He said so many irresponsible things it's mind-boggling. But, you guys knew putting someone in the office with the temperament of basically a child was never a good idea. We basically elected someone who dodged military service ( a coward), who demeaned soldiers who actually fought in wars, and wasn't even a particularly good businessman. Then when the **** hits the fan, you have to protect his ***? Enough of the bull****, get his *** out of there and get back to some normalcy. trump is going to destroy our country and turn it into a banana republic. It's depressing really.
Tells everyone “Take the politics out of it” then immediately throws politics into his equation.

I’ve yet to see a good reply to how are players safer not being in a controlled environment with coaches trying to keep them accountable, testing twice a week, protocols in place, football occupying their time and energy, than they would be without football and left to their own devices.

This is about preventing lawsuits from players who contract the virus. Universities want no part of litigation because they’d box themselves into admitting players are employees or in being responsible for their care. The choice is giving them fuel to unionize and kill the golden goose they have it opens them up to millions in civil suits.

College sports need a vaccine to play again.
You also can't leave politics out. Who would elitist presidents of Universities favor? Who would benefit by keeping things shut down? Lawsuits certainly can be a major issue but power is always bigger and money hoes hand in hand. Trump wants to make the universities eat part of the ridiculous student debt they have fostered. Do they want to risk him having more time to do that? Sports revenue is huge but student debt is a different animal.

Advertisement
I think Trevor and Justin, among the other stars in college football, have all done a huge service to college football and the country by not taking this lying down.

The NCAA and the Conf presidents are SCARED ****LESS all because of liability. It could also include the pay for play and likeness stuff from this year, however I think it is straight liability and covid ****.

The kids will be fine. I will venture to say that not a single D1 P5 athlete will die from Covid..

Unfortunately the media and the Armageddon news reports on the daily have freaked everyone out that some how some of the most athletic young people on planet earth, are some how in MORE danger, spitting and sweating on each other in controlled, isolated environments, than if they were back in the the various marginalised low income neighborhoods they are from?

If kids will be on campus for class, they can play football. I would go so far as to say that if you isolated football players from gen pop for the fall semester (I assume they are doing this), they are arguably going to be the healthiest people around.

The lack of transparency by the conferences and the NCAA is going to change forever now these players are standing up. The vast majority wants to play, twitter is a good barometer for that. Fans or not, they should be allowed to. I am sure if it was all about a waver, everyone would sign it. That is how much this means to these kids.

Also, waiting for spring doesn't change ****.

I think Trevor and Justin, among the other stars in college football, have all done a huge service to college football and the country by not taking this lying down.

The NCAA and the Conf presidents are SCARED ****LESS all because of liability. It could also include the pay for play and likeness stuff from this year, however I think it is straight liability and covid ****.

The kids will be fine. I will venture to say that not a single D1 P5 athlete will die from Covid..

Unfortunately the media and the Armageddon news reports on the daily have freaked everyone out that some how some of the most athletic young people on planet earth, are some how in MORE danger, spitting and sweating on each other in controlled, isolated environments, than if they were back in the the various marginalised low income neighborhoods they are from?

If kids will be on campus for class, they can play football. I would go so far as to say that if you isolated football players from gen pop for the fall semester (I assume they are doing this), they are arguably going to be the healthiest people around.

The lack of transparency by the conferences and the NCAA is going to change forever now these players are standing up. The vast majority wants to play, twitter is a good barometer for that. Fans or not, they should be allowed to. I am sure if it was all about a waver, everyone would sign it. That is how much this means to these kids.

Also, waiting for spring doesn't change ****.

a. L-I-A-B-I-L-I-T-Y
b. protecting amateurism
c. im all in on the CFB players union, but that would essentially start the end of the current system of CFB. if the virus doesnt cancel the season, any thought of unionizing players will certainly cancel it. i surely hope they get the union though!

Advertisement
Link? Because that would be nearly half of texas total at one hospital. Sounds like BS.
Facts. Having 3500 beds even dedicated to Covid is hella.

Don’t know of many hospitals that big, guess everything really is bigger in Texas.

Screenshot_20200810-094754_Twitter.jpg

Advertisement
Lol at moving football to the spring shutting down players organIzing or unionizing. This issue isn’t going away because they postpone or cancel the season, if anything it will only intensify.

They want to show how much they care about the safety and health of the players, start by giving every one of the players health insurance and long term disability insurance for the duration of their time at the school.

If the powers that be want to continue to act like this isn’t about revenue, it’s going to end badly for them. Start with some small basic concessions like health insurance and allowing the kids to profit off of their own image and move from there. The schools would still rake in massive profits and get to pretend they care about the kids.

You wanna start cancelling seasons to gear up for a war on “amateurism” and revenue, good luck with all that.

Stupid question: college scholarship athletes don’t receive health insurance and disability insurance as part of the scholarship package?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back