It’s over

Advertisement
The canceling of the college football season would be blamed on Trump, which is precisely why institutional presidents will cancel the season. The media would destroy schools that play football. Do you really think Julio Frenk wants to defend playing football?
Do you really think the good ol boys at OSU and Michigan and the Big 10 want to cancel football?

This has nothing to do w hurting Trump (hes doing just fine hurting himself telling ppl to ingest bleach and saying 160 k dead "is what it is") or the media or even fear of lawsuits.

This is where things were headed MONTHS ago. Nobody wanted to listen.

It is a horrendous look to have student athletes dying or having limbs amputated bc of Covid on your watch. Even if it's just 2 out of 10,000.

Here's something else to keep in mind nobody else wants to hear right now: there probably wont be any spring football either.

Old piece of investment advice I got from a guru couple years back: If you want to know where society is headed, look to how the tech companies behave, as they usually are privy to insider information months before everyone else.

All the big boys are staying home til summer of 2021. This vaccine everyone is counting on may not even happen.

Advertisement
One thing I haven’t seen mentioned once, in this thread or the dozens of others over the past few weeks/months, is that maybe, just maybe, some of these university presidents DO have the best interests of the students, health-wise, in mind.

I linked an article that said there are major concerns over long term heart complications. The Red Sox pitcher is out for the season for same reason.

I’m not naive enough to think that liability, optics, etc, aren’t also contributing factors. But all it takes is a few presidents/ADs that decide that the medical professionals are correct (I’m assuming most medical professionals are saying to cancel), and you start enough of a movement to bring down the whole thing.

The northwestern AD was mentioned in one of the articles. We can all agree that NW is a highly regarded academic institution. They decide they aren’t playing bc of unknown long term affects, specifically related to the heart. Then the trickle down effect starts.

The players and coaches want to play. The schools and ADs need the money. The country wants sports and normalcy. I think this is less political than this thread implies. I think the doctors won the battle.

Those that think Covid will go away after Election Day, or is just the sniffles to young people, will downvote me, but that is why those guys aren’t in the position to make serious decisions that affect student athletes.

I want football as much as anyone here, but the cases aren’t going down to the point they needed to be at. It’s as simple as that.

My thing is why not just “suspend indefinitely” with a possible return later in fall? If the Stanford doc who’s hitting everything on the head up to now during this scamdemic is right, cases should begin to drop sharply in 3 weeks. Throwing in the towel on all of the fall is just dumb IMO.

Advertisement
And how embarrassing for the P5 to spend time putting together schedules etc to put their tail in between their legs at first sign of controversy. I think the SEC literally announced schedule Friday and yesterday this comes out so they’re all just gonna say fuggit? Weak

College football is over as we've known it. Time for the NFL to pony up the $ to start a minor league.
Been saying it for years. Let the young men go pro that want to go pro. Let the young men that want a free education get a free education, and play football. I am kind of tired of 'schools' buying top players because those players aren't allowed to go pro right away.

The NFL can have a minor league, and it would be a success. They have just had no incentive to change what they saw as not broken.

Advertisement
Been saying it for years. Let the young men go pro that want to go pro. Let the young men that want a free education get a free education, and play football. I am kind of tired of 'schools' buying top players because those players aren't allowed to go pro right away.

The NFL can have a minor league, and it would be a success. They have just had no incentive to change what they saw as not broken.

why invest in a minor league when you have a free one.

By the way, Manny might just not lose a game in 2020. Extension, here it comes.

Oh, and watch Lashlee get a head coaching job before 2021.

Advertisement
Do you really think the good ol boys at OSU and Michigan and the Big 10 want to cancel football?

This has nothing to do w hurting Trump (hes doing just fine hurting himself telling ppl to ingest bleach and saying 160 k dead "is what it is") or the media or even fear of lawsuits.

This is where things were headed MONTHS ago. Nobody wanted to listen.

It is a horrendous look to have student athletes dying or having limbs amputated bc of Covid on your watch. Even if it's just 2 out of 10,000.

Here's something else to keep in mind nobody else wants to hear right now: there probably wont be any spring football either.

Old piece of investment advice I got from a guru couple years back: If you want to know where society is headed, look to how the tech companies behave, as they usually are privy to insider information months before everyone else.

All the big boys are staying home til summer of 2021. This vaccine everyone is counting on may not even happen.
Rich people put their politics first in most cases.

they are trying to bankrupt the country so Trump loses. Pelosi crashed the economy in 2008 by not bailing out lehmans brothers.
Now. corona is very contgious but it has a less than 1-2% morality rate and if you dont have a co-morbidity its like .00004% of 1%. I know people who works in hospitals who said they were told to put no covid deaths as "likely" or "possible" covid deaths. You know why? without elective surgeries, hospitals need funding. They also said if you take two covid tests and both are positive, they count you as two seperate cases. if you take an anti-body test you are counted as a new case even though you could have had it as far back as march. Also, i know a few people who took a test, were positive then took another test and were negative. dont tell me there are not false positives. I will also concede people need to be more cautious like wearing masks but this thing is really about ruining the economy so trump loses to the guy with dementia.
This is some real tin-foil hat ****.

Advertisement
Back