It’s over

I’ve yet to see a good reply to how are players safer not being in a controlled environment with coaches trying to keep them accountable, testing twice a week, protocols in place, football occupying their time and energy, than they would be without football and left to their own devices.

This is about preventing lawsuits from players who contract the virus. Universities want no part of litigation because they’d box themselves into admitting players are employees or in being responsible for their care. The choice is giving them fuel to unionize and kill the golden goose they have it opens them up to millions in civil suits.

College sports need a vaccine to play again.
But at what level of effectiveness? 70% 50%? 98%?

Advertisement
one other thing, I have done religious asylum work for chinese people. I will tell you, I believe the chinese government unleashed this to hurt trump. he has been the only american president in a long time to go hard at them. they had their worst economic year in 67 years and seeing waht they do to their own citizens, the CCP are Godless animals.

which is fine. look it isnt bout the virus or even the kids. its about money and risk. it was always about that. it was dumb for the conferences not to consider this sooner and come up with a plan but just as everything else, they ****ed up their thought process.
Go head cast that first stone..... Just shut up and blow your stimulus check on something stupid and put your hand out for more.

Advertisement
I won't disagree with you about the potential (at least short term) major ramifications on the non-revenue sports. That's absolutely a fair point on your part as one need not look beyond Stanford already getting rid of men's volleyball and other sports.

The money for the Power 5 teams in football and basketball is too great and will remain that way (barring a total collapse of our economy and society) for this to change the landscape in any meaningful way.
I hope you’re right. I can be doom and gloom at times. I guess my overall point is that this will have far reaching implications. I love college sports (not just football) and I have seen it take a lot of people out of bad situations. It’s one of the greatest institutions in this country, warts and all. I hope it survives

I agree with that. But they print money when sports are active. There's no chance they're going to shut down for good.
They may not have a choice. There are no metrics to returning. What allows colleges to return to sports? A 100% effective vaccine? 70%? Is it US caseload down to 1,000 per day? Or is it none at all for 30 days, like New Zealand? At the moment there's nothing to point to a 2021 season happening. And deprive colleges of that revenue for two straight years, and about 75% will end up dropping football because they cannot afford to maintain its infrastructure.

i m just really ****ed because cuomo is getting away with criminally negligent homicide.

Side note, a hospital in san antonio wrongly reported 3,500 deaths as covid deaths? will the media go back and correct those numbers?
It might be officially. I believe the UK recorded a negative COVID case total about three weeks ago, which was evidently due to a numbers correction.

Advertisement
It might be officially. I believe the UK recorded a negative COVID case total about three weeks ago, which was evidently due to a numbers correction.
regardless of whether its republicans or democrats, you're screwd if you are relying on the government to save you.I have been around a ton of politicians and very few of them I look at like "wow, he's a smart guy". i'm talking governors, senators, congressmen.
For example, Marco Rubio is a total flake.

Advertisement
They may not have a choice. There are no metrics to returning. What allows colleges to return to sports? A 100% effective vaccine? 70%? Is it US caseload down to 1,000 per day? Or is it none at all for 30 days, like New Zealand? At the moment there's nothing to point to a 2021 season happening. And deprive colleges of that revenue for two straight years, and about 75% will end up dropping football because they cannot afford to maintain its infrastructure.
None of this. We can't return to regular when you have people riding pine complaining about playing time who either A) Dosen't put in the work( hey sometimes you have to do more than others to get ahead) and B) just dosen't have the talent to be out there but insist that it needs to be fair. Idgaf, I'm always keeping score and if it's beyond my limitations I take it like a man but in these days who can tell the difference anymore. We've set the bar so low that we make two different qualifications for people to have te same job. Thats weak as ****. It ****ed me off that when I joined the Marines my female counterparts got paid exactly the same but had to do less.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back