It’s. Just. One. Game.

umiamifan1

Those guys were flying around...
While I was certainly disappointed to see a lot of the same tendencies and weaknesses from our defense last night (recklessly blitzing when it’s unnecessary, corners not turning their heads or playing the ball well, making inferior QBs look like Drew Brees early in games, etc), on the other side of the ball I actually left the game encouraged. It’s immediately obvious that 1) King can mask some of the deficiencies of our OL with his ridiculous mobility, 2) our top 3 RBs are ALL studs, and 3) we are finally going to emphasize PACE, and I don’t think the significance of that can be overstated.

It was also obvious that we were intentionally only utilizing a fraction of our playbook. This was simply Game 1 against an opponent that our talent advantage allowed us to beat with vanilla schemes, and the coaches were well-aware of that. They didn’t want to put any film out there, and that became abundantly clear in the third when the game got tight and we opened things up a bit. I don’t believe for a second that our offensive play last night will be indicative of how we’ll perform for the rest of the season.

All of this brings me to my larger point: this is the FIRST game for a completely new offense! What did you expect with little to no organized Spring ball? There will be timing issues and growing pains, and you can’t glean too much from such a limited sample size—-especially against an experienced opponent that we didn’t even feel compelled to show anything against. Did our WRs look like basura? Yes, but let’s at least wait until we implement the entire playbook before saying that none of these guys belong at Miami. While the lack of separation is indeed concerning, I’m willing to give them at least a couple games in this offense before throwing the whole unit under the bus.

Advertisement
The reason I think a lot of people are frustrated is because Manny hasn't shown the ability to be able to fix the problems. After every bye week last year the problems seemed to get worse. An to continue to see those problems last night has made some a little discouraged.

The optimist in me is ok with any win the canes could have pulled off last night considering how they ended the season and the fking ridiculous offense that penos brought on the field for a majority of the season. add jw15 and his **** and again..yesterday was an improvement. the irrational fan in me is disgusted that we didnt hang 50+ on UaB. baby steps folks..if we get our **** pushed in by Louisville next week then mayyyyybbbeeee start worrying. but from what ive read uab is considered a better team than Louisville defensively and in some personnel area.

64FA7872-9A2B-4C97-BDA3-28D5298B3F9F.jpeg

Advertisement
I flat out don't get Miami fans. We look so much better then we did last year. Our D was good last year and it looks better this . Our O was rancid and disgusting last year and now it is fun to watch and effective and holy crap do we have some studs . King already is clearly the best QB since Dorsey . He just has IT. Our RB stable is filthy . I thought before the game we would win 38-14 and we won 31-14 and one of those TD was due to punt fumble.

Really only thing I was disappointed in was the OL . They gotta get better . But we got it every where else. You don't go from being a 6-7 to a top 10 team in 1 game. We did go from being a 6-7 team to a top 25 one though and we will be ranked on Sunday.

I truly think it is sad so many UM fans think it is 2000 again. We HAVE SUCKED *** FOR 20 YEARS ( mostly ) All you can ask for is improvement and we showed soooo much of that it ain't funny. As much as Manny made mistakes in his first season , on and off the field since January 1st he has been hitting home runs in recruiting , in transfers , in hiring coaches , in his social stances and so on and so forth. Love the direction we are going! Truly think we will make the ACC title . We might get our asses handed to us their . But who cares ? to go from 6-7 to 9-2 and a ACCTG birth is huge .

People are disappointed that we didn’t drop our whole playbook on them. Someone in the game day thread legit said we should go back to not being scared to use all our plays. Maybe this is us actually learning. Golden dropped our entire playbook against the Bethune Cookmans and then we lose 58-0 to Clemson. Strategy is a part of the game.

While I was certainly disappointed to see a lot of the same tendencies and weaknesses from our defense last night (recklessly blitzing when it’s unnecessary, corners not turning their heads or playing the ball well, making inferior QBs look like Drew Brees early in games, etc), on the other side of the ball I actually left the game encouraged. It’s immediately obvious that 1) King can mask some of the deficiencies of our OL with his ridiculous mobility, 2) our top 3 RBs are ALL studs, and 3) we are finally going to emphasize PACE, and I don’t think the significance of that can be overstated.

It was also obvious that we were intentionally only utilizing a fraction of our playbook. This was simply Game 1 against an opponent that our talent advantage allowed us to beat with vanilla schemes, and the coaches were well-aware of that. They didn’t want to put any film out there, and that became abundantly clear in the third when the game got tight and we opened things up a bit. I don’t believe for a second that our offensive play last night will be indicative of how we’ll perform for the rest of the season.

All of this brings me to my larger point: this is the FIRST game for a completely new offense! What did you expect with little to no organized Spring ball? There will be timing issues and growing pains, and you can’t glean too much from such a limited sample size—-especially against an experienced opponent that we didn’t even feel compelled to show anything against. Did our WRs look like basura? Yes, but let’s at least wait until we implement the entire playbook before saying that none of these guys belong at Miami. While the lack of separation is indeed concerning, I’m willing to give them at least a couple games in this offense before throwing the whole unit under the bus.
It's a trend

Advertisement
I truly think it is sad so many UM fans think it is 2000 again. We HAVE SUCKED *** FOR 20 YEARS ( mostly ) All you can ask for is improvement and we showed soooo much of that it ain't funny. As much as Manny made mistakes in his first season , on and off the field since January 1st he has been hitting home runs in recruiting , in transfers , in hiring coaches , in his social stances and so on and so forth. Love the direction we are going! Truly think we will make the ACC title . We might get our asses handed to us their . But who cares ? to go from 6-7 to 9-2 and a ACCTG birth is huge .
A home run is canning Rumph baker and patke

People are disappointed that we didn’t drop our whole playbook on them. Someone in the game day thread legit said we should go back to not being scared to use all our plays. Maybe this is us actually learning. Golden dropped our entire playbook against the Bethune Cookmans and then we lose 58-0 to Clemson. Strategy is a part of the game.
You guys that have this middle school mentality are Relentlessly stupid, no offense. If you think that we lost to Clemson by 58 because we put our playbook on film, you’re even worse. Good Coaching is about calling the right plays in the right situations. lsu put up 70 on almost everybody Last year, and you think the reason Clemson smoked bama a couple years ago in game 15 was because they saved some of their playbook? You Guys that say this every year must Be terribly disappointed...every single year because it has never proven true

You forgot undisciplined play... like biting on playaction and misdirection... it’s as if our guys don’t watch film and need current game film to see tendencies.

Anyone who has watched Lashly coached games from previous years should know that was not his complete playbook. No he is not saving it for future games. With no spring practice it has not all been implemented yet. As he feels the team has digested more of it they will put more iin each game. Give it time. you do not install a hole new system in a months time

Advertisement
This game was a reality check
The getting back into shape is a long road. This game was the 1st step. A step affected by a crazy offseason. Next week needs to take another step forward. Its realistic progression. 1999 team for example. I'm looking forward to next week.
:neonu:

Advertisement

This is game 1 from an offense that has bright spots and will improve, but this is game 14 from the defense and I still don't see a pulse.

Manny is insecure Al Golden and Baker's defensive scheme/play-calling isn't up to snuff... It's amateur night and I've seen enough.

We are not winning a championship with this HC/defensive coordinator combination.

Next week it will be two games. Jarren Williams and Dan Enos destroyed Louisville last year. Will it happen again with King and Lashlee? Hmmmm...

Advertisement
Back