Issiah Walker in transfer portal

Advertisement
I say you take the known commodity in Williams and play for now. A solid season means more to the program in potential upside i.e recruits, brand, etc than an unproven transfer that we won't see until next year.

247 said the Canes want Walker and a decision is expected to come this weekend by Walker
4D93CD36-A624-46BC-844B-E09996E93442.gif

Advertisement
I hear you, and am kind of in the middle on this one. I 100% agree that comparing IW to any of those other recruits is pointless. Different players, teams, stories, needs, etc. I think the greater point is Manny made a whole to-do over the value of the Miami offer, and if you commit then you shut it down, and so on and so forth... and then let Reed back in on the heels of letting Thomas back in and Jarren be the starter when he went AWOL. No matter what he does, it is a blurred line at this point.

It really has nothing to do with anything that Walker may or may not have done, other than initially signing with UF instead of us, and Manny possibly making some grand statement and example out of Walker. Initially, my thought was tell him to take a hike. But truthfully, we are not really in a position to do that, especially at OT. It would be a real kick in the nuts if he went to FSU and became an All ACC LT up there. I see both sides of the coin.

Agree with this post 100%

Advertisement
CMD needs to win now, which makes Houston transfer the seemingly easier "take"can anyone say why he is leaving UF, he was there for what a cup of coffee ? our cultural is awful and we certainly do not need a diva.....

Advertisement
Seantrel left because USC was getting bent by the NCAA

Who cares? The point is he chose a different school than Miami, even though we recruited the **** out of him, and when we had a chance to get him afterwards, we didn't get caught up in our feelings, we added a recruit we thought could help us win.

Who cares? The point is he chose a different school than Miami, even though we recruited the **** out of him, and when we had a chance to get him afterwards, we didn't get caught up in our feelings, we added a recruit we thought could help us win.
I was just saying he left USC for a very good reason. Not trying to start **** here...

Seriously?

You're just going to name a bunch of names, and act like all those situations were identical? You're just going to pull a "how is this any different than" routine?

Greg Olsen went to Notre Dame because his brother was there. When his brother left ND, so did Greg.

James Jackson was worried about the Pell Grant situation, signed with Notre Dame, but never qualified and went to Fork Union. So...not a transfer.

Seantrel Henderson asked for his release from his LOI after the Reggie Bush sanctions were announced. So...not a transfer.

Brock Berlin was a quarterback stuck on the depth chart. Same reason Joe Burrow transferred. How did that work out?

Just stop the nonsense with regurgitating any names you can remember of guys who signed LOIs with other schools before coming to Miami.

Not sure why you feel the need to be so combative about it. We're talking about football players. Take a breath.

Regardless, you can spin things however you want, but every kid I named picked another school over UM initially, just like Walker did. If you want to make excuses, I can play that game too. The Walker kid declined to come be coached by Enos and Barry. The same two coaches Diaz FIRED a few weeks later for not being good enough to keep their positions at Miami. Let that marinate in your kettle. God bless.

Advertisement
The absolutely incredible thing about this, if true, is how they've continuously made complete **** decisions to directly affect people in a front-running event city from...buying tickets.

Admin: "What do we need?"
Consultant: "We need people to buy more tickets."
Admin: "Yes, yes. Makes sense. Why do people buy tickets?"
Consultant: "Well, beyond the core 20k who'll go either way, the others have to be excited."
Admin: "Excited? Like orange carpets and a club like the Phins did?"
Consultant: "No, different crowd. These people just wanna be around for winning events to take pictures and be part of something popular."
Admin: "Oh, ok. Let's increase the Ad budget and social media, but hire ****** coaching staffs."
Consultant: "That's not what I..."
Admin: "Let's also get a fire extinguisher."

Advertisement
Back