Ishmael Aristide new LB coach?

"Functional" at best describes Patke, Frierson was lost against North Carolina. Probably will be the same result with the linebackers, okay against the low level teams, and lost against the better teams.

Special teams were horrendous in punt returns and kickoff returns, completely disorganized, no blocking schemes, and filled with penalties. Make T Rob special teams coach.
Everybody was lost against UNC, half the defensive coaching staff was either not at the game or out prior to it, too.

Advertisement
Eh, it’s a bit of a different point. Yes, without instincts you are lost at the spot. However Lbs are central to defense both run and pass and zones and so coaching matters even though instincts do also.
And film study. Knowledge is key for lbs....

Frierson was one of the beat players on the defense last season , same with Romeo previously. His units was one of the few bright spots last year. But I know , I know “ he’s one of manny’s boys , he sucks and must be fired”.
Don’t waste your breathe. Gil singlehandily cost us the unc game.

Meanwhile kids will tell you he teaches them so much smh

Advertisement
Everybody was lost against UNC, half the defensive coaching staff was missing or out, too.

Since the mopes were fondling Mullens balls all season, can't we make the same argument for the UNC game that he did for Oklahoma?

"With the number of people that were out for the game, we were under numbers actually. I mean, to be honest with you, we had the numbers to not play the game.”

Advertisement
On the flip side, our punter had a record setting season and Borreagles went being ranked #69 in FG accuracy at FIU (72%) to #9 at Miami (91%). The only way to explain the latter is that either Patke helped Borreagles improve or Diaz was able to get more out of Borreagles than Butch Davis.

Or that Jose (a Groza semi-finalist in 2018) and Hedley were two of the oldest and most mature guys on the team last season and put in the work to develop the kicking/punting skills they were taught by their private kicking/punting instructors.

Advertisement
That's how a UM staff should always be built. An excellent teacher at HC that has charisma that families trust 1000 percent. Who knows what talent is when they see them. With a staff littered with excellent recruiter who evaluate the best of the best and close. Also with the ability to teach. With a O and D staff willing to adapt and change schemes to fit the ever changing times, and add wrinkles throughout the off-season to take advantage of the skill set on the field. Also not to make kids do things they are not good at.

And the leaders at the school willing to give up any resources to help build it.
That is when UM rises again IMO
Well stated @Dwinstitles , well said mate. Let’s all pray the shining light has hit the BoT on down. The recent events are all showing a possible change in the guard at our beloved U. Now it’s all on Manny to make the turnaround complete and show the results on the field. He’s got coaches now and elite recruiters. With the senior leadership it’s time for the older players to show the younger players the ways of Greentree and the rewards of hard, spirited prastises. Turn those into easier wins over schools we out-talent 99% of the schedule. Then take it hard to Bama and Clemson while destroying UNC. We do all of that; then we’ll all reap the rewards of a great season.

Huh, simpson, trob, patke, manny, da new guy, stroud, how is that green with all that experience?
Simpson has 5 years of D1/NFL experience. TROB has 11 and is our most experienced guy. Patke has four years all at Miami which really doesn’t mean much to me because he only has a singular perspective/experience. DVD is a newcomer. This new guy is a new comer.

So as a defensive staff outside of manny and shoop we have 18 years of real coaching experience. I’ll give Patke 2 years for the four he has put in.

that’s an objectively green staff compared to most schools. I’m not complaining because we have Diaz and shoop, but something that I felt needed to be pointed out.

Advertisement
Simpson has 5 years of D1/NFL experience. TROB has 11 and is our most experienced guy. Patke has four years all at Miami which really doesn’t mean much to me because he only has a singular perspective/experience. DVD is a newcomer. This new guy is a new comer.

So as a defensive staff outside of manny and shoop we have 18 years of real coaching experience. I’ll give Patke 2 years for the four he has put in.

that’s an objectively green staff compared to most schools. I’m not complaining because we have Diaz and shoop, but something that I felt needed to be pointed out.
Well all those stipulations wasn't stated in the op! And, experience is experience but i feel u in your thinking!

Sure there is. Pay him whatever Miami was going to pay him to stay as an analyst and promise him that might get an on field coaching position next year.
Your suggestions is to not take a P5 position coach for equal $$$ near home, where his family lives & the area he recruits/works the most.. on the promise that he MIGHT get a chance to land a similar opportunity in Texas NEXT season. Did I get that right?

Advertisement
Back