Ishmael Aristide new LB coach?

Advertisement
It's a Promotion and Jimbo's coaching staff is full, not much he can do.

Sure there is. Pay him whatever Miami was going to pay him to stay as an analyst and promise him that might get an on field coaching position next year. So what if that is too much to pay for an analyst. The mopes said Miami should have made Williams the highest paid LB coach in the country and promised him the DC job next year; since Diaz didn't, it proved he didn't have the chops for the HC job and Malzahn punked him. So by the mopes own criteria, Diaz must have just stolen Jimbo's lunch money. I've got a black belt in mope jujitsu.

i will say, it'll be interesting to see whether patke can make something happen with the ILBs. i won't deny he's green and it's a risk, but i don't share the same hate boner people seem to have for the guy on here. his track record of striker development is pretty good with finley and frierson both developing into strong players under his watch. frierson especially has become a smart player who is able to lead on defense, and if patke can manage that with any of our ILBs i think we'll be happy with the results.
I’m not real high on Patke, I’ve been calling for his replacement for a few years now lol

But, every time I’ve ever asked anyone I know who knows him be it coach or player, the first thing they always say he’s very smart & knows the game. I think looking at the development of Rome Finley & Gil Frierson can attest to the idea that even when our Defense has been pretty bad particularly at LB play that the strikers at least have looked functional.

However, he’s also the ST’s coach & our inability to find a decent PR’er since JT4 left is a problem that he has to resolve.

He’s been one of Manny’s guys since Miss St so he knows the system better than anybody on staff, if he can’t get the LB’s in order then he probably won’t be here next year anyway.

Advertisement
Advertisement
However, he’s also the ST’s coach & our inability to find a decent PR’er since JT4 left is a problem that he has to resolve

To be fair, it's not like our KR/PRs had amazing hands as WRs but couldn't field kicks. They had frying pan hands as both WRs and returners. On the flip side, our punter had a record setting season and Borreagles went being ranked #69 in FG accuracy at FIU (72%) to #9 at Miami (91%). The only way to explain the latter is that either Patke helped Borreagles improve or Diaz was able to get more out of Borreagles than Butch Davis. Merely suggesting that second part may cause eyeballs to burst into flames in this site.

Advertisement
I’m not real high on Patke, I’ve been calling for his replacement for a few years now lol

But, every time I’ve ever asked anyone I know who knows him be it coach or player, the first thing they always say he’s very smart & knows the game. I think looking at the development of Rome Finley & Gil Frierson can attest to the idea that even when our Defense has been pretty bad particularly at LB play that the strikers at least have looked functional.

However, he’s also the ST’s coach & our inability to find a decent PR’er since JT4 left is a problem that he has to resolve.

He’s been one of Manny’s guys since Miss St so he knows the system better than anybody on staff, if he can’t get the LB’s in order then he probably won’t be here next year anyway.

"Functional" at best describes Patke, Frierson was lost against North Carolina. Probably will be the same result with the linebackers, okay against the low level teams, and lost against the better teams.

Special teams were horrendous in punt returns and kickoff returns, completely disorganized, no blocking schemes, and filled with penalties. Make T Rob special teams coach.

Spot on.

I mentioned other day Manny wants this to be like Clemson , not much turnover. When somebody leaves somebody is ready to roll right into that spot. Same with Likens on O. He wants continuity , with the coaches and playbooks. This hire makes sense. Even though it’s a tad suspect coaching wise. Patke is a very smart x o guy but can’t recruit, but aristide is a question mark coaching olb and striker. It will definitely help with recruiting.
Exactly. Also T-rob can coach lbs too. People say when T-rob leaves. This dude wants to be in so fla. he’s going to be lead recruiter on all our top targets.
Shoop is like having daddy to watch over them.

Hello Chise. Thank you for your response but I am no longer actively engaging in conversation with those I disagree with.

I was recently accused by a mod of shaming those with differing opinions so I’ll just have to leave the “shaming” to others from now on.

I probably shouldn’t have even made my initial post in this thread. I apologize to anyone offended. Don’t want to step on any tiny, female like toes in here.

Have a nice day and Go Canes.
Kid Dancing GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
"Functional" at best describes Patke, Frierson was lost against North Carolina. Probably will be the same result with the linebackers, okay against the low level teams, and lost against the better teams.

Special teams were horrendous in punt returns and kickoff returns, completely disorganized, no blocking schemes, and filled with penalties. Make T Rob special teams coach.
Yes. That whole offensive outburst by unc was on patke

Frierson was one of the best players on the defense last season , same with Romeo previously. His units was one of the few bright spots last year. But I know , I know “ he’s one of manny’s boys , he sucks and must be fired”.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back