Ishmael Aristide new LB coach?

It makes sense from a recruiting standpoint.

It was beyond clear that Manny wanted to add another FL recruiter on the Defensive staff, TWill is not known for being a high level coach (although he had some pretty good results turning Zakoby McClain into an All-American LB & had him 2nd in the nation for total Tackles), but TWill is primarily known as a very strong recruiter on the trail.

Then when Jamar Chaney was the name being mentioned it made it even more clear what Manny’s strategy was,he’s trying to bolster up the Defensive side of the ball with some strong recruiters because the 22 & 23 classes are loaded with Defensive talent locally, so he’s not really selling out for X’s & O’s experience at that spot anymore because Blake Baker couldn't sell Salmon to a starving Grizzly Bear, so he’s been going after guys who are looking for a come up in job title & who have salesmen skills.

Aristide is very good recruiter, can he coach LB’s or Strikers? Maybe, maybe not, I don’t think Manny is really all that worried about it, he’s basically going to coach the LB’s himself along with Shoop being the Analyst/DC helping with play design & play calls being his extra pair of eyes up in the booth, so Manny just wants young guys who might stick for longer than a season or two & can recruit their asses off, which fits DVD & Aristide to a T.

The thing about Aristide is that if TRob leaves next year, he can be moved to Safeties coach as well, so while he may be listed as a LB’s coach this year, IMO I think Manny/Patke will be the ILB’s coach & Aristide will be the Strikers, he may not be listed as Strikers coach but I think the job title in this case is inconsequential, his job this year is to help us recruit South FL & land Wesley Bissainthe.

Will it work? Only time will tell.
i agree ....Liberty city El and with the hire , I would say if this does not work out then we may see a new staff alone with replacing the head coach , all together, so I do not think it’s a strategic move I think it’s just a smart move. By manny Diaz 👍🏾
also note....Aristide, a former Purdue DB, is from Miami originally (his dad is the principal at Northwestern HS) and was part of A&M's South Florida recruiting push in recent years.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That's how a UM staff should always be built. An excellent teacher at HC that has charisma that families trust 1000 percent. Who knows what talent is when they see them. With a staff littered with excellent recruiter who evaluate the best of the best and close. Also with the ability to teach. With a O and D staff willing to adapt and change schemes to fit the ever changing times, and add wrinkles throughout the off-season to take advantage of the skill set on the field. Also not to make kids do things they are not good at.

And the leaders at the school willing to give up any resources to help build it.
That is when UM rises again IMO
i agree but to me u need monster developers at corner,ol,dL, and qb everyone ya go cruit

My man is so consumed with critics of his daddy, Manure, that he’s fighting with ghosts now. He’s pre-crying about what people might say before they say it.

Hello Chise. Thank you for your response but I am no longer actively engaging in conversation with those I disagree with.

I was recently accused by a mod of shaming those with differing opinions so I’ll just have to leave the “shaming” to others from now on.

I probably shouldn’t have even made my initial post in this thread. I apologize to anyone offended. Don’t want to step on any tiny, female like toes in here.

Have a nice day and Go Canes.

It makes sense from a recruiting standpoint.

It was beyond clear that Manny wanted to add another FL recruiter on the Defensive staff, TWill is not known for being a high level coach (although he had some pretty good results turning Zakoby McClain into an All-American LB & had him 2nd in the nation for total Tackles), but TWill is primarily known as a very strong recruiter on the trail.

Then when Jamar Chaney was the name being mentioned it made it even more clear what Manny’s strategy was,he’s trying to bolster up the Defensive side of the ball with some strong recruiters because the 22 & 23 classes are loaded with Defensive talent locally, so he’s not really selling out for X’s & O’s experience at that spot anymore because Blake Baker couldn't sell Salmon to a starving Grizzly Bear, so he’s been going after guys who are looking for a come up in job title & who have salesmen skills.

Aristide is very good recruiter, can he coach LB’s or Strikers? Maybe, maybe not, I don’t think Manny is really all that worried about it, he’s basically going to coach the LB’s himself along with Shoop being the Analyst/DC helping with play design & play calls being his extra pair of eyes up in the booth, so Manny just wants young guys who might stick for longer than a season or two & can recruit their asses off, which fits DVD & Aristide to a T.

The thing about Aristide is that if TRob leaves next year, he can be moved to Safeties coach as well, so while he may be listed as a LB’s coach this year, IMO I think Manny/Patke will be the ILB’s coach & Aristide will be the Strikers, he may not be listed as Strikers coach but I think the job title in this case is inconsequential, his job this year is to help us recruit South FL & land Wesley Bissainthe.

Will it work? Only time will tell.
Stop you’re making too much sense.

FR tho this is on POINT.

Advertisement
It’ll be what it’ll be. If he’s a good recruiter, great. Hopefully folks can stop telling us manny has to defer to the evals of his position coaches however. recruiters are there to sell and win. our HC **** well better know how to evaluate and prioritize.

As for couching LBs, manny did it for 3 years and never played the spot, and we got patke there already so whatever hopefully they figure it all out and no excuses either way.

from what people who are far more knowledgeable, LBs seem to be pretty instinctual. just gotta recruit there. we've recruited poor there and when we didnt, those kids played well and right away.

Advertisement
Spot on.

I mentioned other day Manny wants this to be like Clemson , not much turnover. When somebody leaves somebody is ready to roll right into that spot. Same with Likens on O. He wants continuity , with the coaches and playbooks. This hire makes sense. Even though it’s a tad suspect coaching wise. Patke is a very smart x o guy but can’t recruit, but aristide is a question mark coaching olb and striker. It will definitely help with recruiting.

i imagine patke will be x and o (honestly, if he were hired by anyone else and you showed his results at striker, there wouldn't be much *****ing). he cant recruit so now we filled that gap with the recruiter. shoop back there and soon to be DC will help the younger guys catch on and learn as coaches, but as we learned, you cant learn to recruit. you have to want to recruit

I guess they’re banking on the talent being brought in out weighing the coaching.

if what ny cane and cribby say is true w patke, then **** handle the x and o aspect w strikers/ilb along w manny and shoop. the others will help pick up slack in recruiting where you need elite bodies. you can have the best x nd o guys all day but if you cant recruit the elite guys you will never ever get past a certain ceiling.

655F0669-A0A0-4F49-BB30-81E83DDDF5FE.jpeg

Note .....coach Aristide, a former Purdue DB, is from Miami originally (his dad is the principal at Northwestern HS) and was part of A&M's South Florida recruiting push in recent years.

Last edited:
Advertisement
from what people who are far more knowledgeable, LBs seem to be pretty instinctual. just gotta recruit there. we've recruited poor there and when we didnt, those kids played well and right away.
Eh, it’s a bit of a different point. Yes, without instincts you are lost at the spot. However Lbs are central to defense both run and pass and zones and so coaching matters even though instincts do also.

Say what you want about the star system, but we need to land players with 1st round attributes. Bama aint Bama without the 5 stars they land, regardless of how they develop.
I literally been saying this since 2002. There are 32 kids a year who will become first round picks. We need to get our share. Find them, evaluate them, recruit them and sign them.

Advertisement
I literally been saying this since 2002. There are 32 kids a year who will become first round picks. We need to get our share. Find them, evaluate them, recruit them and sign them.

bingo. it was clear that on d and O, no matter the coaching, the recruiting had to improve. you need elite guys if you want to become elite. you know why there are 3-5 teams that compete (truly compete) yearly? its bc they also recruit the best in the country on average.

Well then that must be a good sign. Surprised that Jimbo is just allowing a key analyst that recruits the coveted So FL area supposedly well go without a fight.

multiple things but as with the t will thing -- bump in pay, title bump, and factor in going home was probably too much for fisher to overcome. looks like atm fans wanted him to go on field for a while so thats a good thing

Advertisement
Back