Ishmael Aristide new LB coach?

So what do you think of the hire?
It makes sense from a recruiting standpoint.

It was beyond clear that Manny wanted to add another FL recruiter on the Defensive staff, TWill is not known for being a high level coach (although he had some pretty good results turning Zakoby McClain into an All-American LB & had him 2nd in the nation for total Tackles), but TWill is primarily known as a very strong recruiter on the trail.

Then when Jamar Chaney was the name being mentioned it made it even more clear what Manny’s strategy was,he’s trying to bolster up the Defensive side of the ball with some strong recruiters because the 22 & 23 classes are loaded with Defensive talent locally, so he’s not really selling out for X’s & O’s experience at that spot anymore because Blake Baker couldn't sell Salmon to a starving Grizzly Bear, so he’s been going after guys who are looking for a come up in job title & who have salesmen skills.

Aristide is very good recruiter, can he coach LB’s or Strikers? Maybe, maybe not, I don’t think Manny is really all that worried about it, he’s basically going to coach the LB’s himself along with Shoop being the Analyst/DC helping with play design & play calls being his extra pair of eyes up in the booth, so Manny just wants young guys who might stick for longer than a season or two & can recruit their asses off, which fits DVD & Aristide to a T.

The thing about Aristide is that if TRob leaves next year, he can be moved to Safeties coach as well, so while he may be listed as a LB’s coach this year, IMO I think Manny/Patke will be the ILB’s coach & Aristide will be the Strikers, he may not be listed as Strikers coach but I think the job title in this case is inconsequential, his job this year is to help us recruit South FL & land Wesley Bissainthe.

Will it work? Only time will tell.

Advertisement
So yesterday the mope narrative was that Williams jumping from LB coach to DC at UCF proves that Miami doesn't play big boy football, now it looks like Diaz is about to poach Aristide from TAMU, which is the highest revenue team in the country. I wonder how the mopes will explain this one.

It was beyond clear that Manny wanted to add another FL recruiter on the Defensive staff, TWill is not known for being a high level coach (although he had some pretty good results turning Zakoby McClain into an All-American LB & had him 2nd in the nation for total Tackles), but TWill is primarily known as a very strong recruiter on the trail.

Then when Jamar Chaney was the name being mentioned it made it even more clear what Manny’s strategy was,he’s trying to bolster up the Defensive side of the ball with some strong recruiters because the 22 & 23 classes are loaded with Defensive talent locally, so he’s not really selling out for X’s & O’s experience at that spot anymore because Blake Baker couldn't sell Salmon to a starving Grizzly Bear, so he’s been going after guys who are looking for a come up in job title & who have salesmen skills.

Aristide is very good recruiter, can he coach LB’s or Strikers? Maybe, maybe not, I don’t think Manny is really all that worried about it, he’s basically going to coach the LB’s himself along with Shoop being the Analyst/DC helping with play design & play calls being his extra pair of eyes up in the booth, so Manny just wants young guys who might stick for longer than a season or two & can recruit their asses off, which fits DVD & Aristide to a T.

The thing about Aristide is that if TRob leaves next year, he can be moved to Safeties coach as well, so while he may be listed as a LB’s coach this year, IMO I think Manny/Patke will be the ILB’s coach & Aristide will be the Strikers, he may not be listed as Strikers coach but I think the job title in this case is inconsequential, his job this year is to help us recruit South FL & land Wesley Bissainthe.

facts

Advertisement
It’ll be what it’ll be. If he’s a good recruiter, great. Hopefully folks can stop telling us manny has to defer to the evals of his position coaches however. recruiters are there to sell and win. our HC **** well better know how to evaluate and prioritize.

As for couching LBs, manny did it for 3 years and never played the spot, and we got patke there already so whatever hopefully they figure it all out and no excuses either way.

Advertisement
347C0D97-D5C8-4976-84DC-31CB973170D7.jpeg

Coach Ishameless Aristide 👍🏾 I LIKE THIS HIRE AS LB COACH FOR UM 🙌🏿

I would say there should be one coach for this unit (LB’s) when you have two coaches coaching the same unit it causes confusion !

Last edited:
So yesterday the mope narrative was that Williams jumping from LB coach to DC at UCF proves that Miami doesn't play big boy football, now it looks like Diaz is about to poach Aristide from TAMU, which is the highest revenue team in the country. I wonder how the mopes will explain this one.
That’s easy.... he wasn’t an on field coach. We hired an analyst.

Advertisement
I know folks love talking about how good of a recruiter he is but I don’t see much about him for ATM recruiting. Who did he get to sign there?

Advertisement
That’s easy.... he wasn’t an on field coach. We hired an analyst.

So Fisher didn't want him? TAMU could have paid him a position coach salary if they wanted to. They have the money. Isn't the mope narrative that working for Diaz is career suicide? To be consistent, I assume the mopes would say that going from analyst at TAMU to position coach at UM is the equivalent of going from LB coach to Defensive Coordinator at UCF.

Spot on.

I mentioned other day Manny wants this to be like Clemson , not much turnover. When somebody leaves somebody is ready to roll right into that spot. Same with Likens on O. He wants continuity , with the coaches and playbooks. This hire makes sense. Even though it’s a tad suspect coaching wise. Patke is a very smart x o guy but can’t recruit, but aristide is a question mark coaching olb and striker. It will definitely help with recruiting.

Advertisement
Back