Ishmael Aristide new LB coach?

Texas AM Fans are ****ed

1613849576591.png

1613849649079.png

Advertisement
i will say, it'll be interesting to see whether patke can make something happen with the ILBs. i won't deny he's green and it's a risk, but i don't share the same hate boner people seem to have for the guy on here. his track record of striker development is pretty good with finley and frierson both developing into strong players under his watch. frierson especially has become a smart player who is able to lead on defense, and if patke can manage that with any of our ILBs i think we'll be happy with the results.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If he is the LB coach hire, the narrative on here is about to change from “we want an ace recruiter” to “we want someone who can develop players” right before your eyes.

And if he is the hire, expect a whole bunch of “but he’s only coached DBs” comments. Position coaches regularly coach different rooms throughout their career. Just goes to show how many casuals we have on this site.
My man is so consumed with critics of his daddy, Manure, that he’s fighting with ghosts now. He’s pre-crying about what people might say before they say it.

It's also big to shut some of the spigot off from TAMU. We've got enough teams poaching and picking, let's keep the best recruiters for this area on staff and away from peer institutions.
That's how a UM staff should always be built. An excellent teacher at HC that has charisma that families trust 1000 percent. Who knows what talent is when they see them. With a staff littered with excellent recruiter who evaluate the best of the best and close. Also with the ability to teach. With a O and D staff willing to adapt and change schemes to fit the ever changing times, and add wrinkles throughout the off-season to take advantage of the skill set on the field. Also not to make kids do things they are not good at.

And the leaders at the school willing to give up any resources to help build it.
That is when UM rises again IMO

Advertisement
Advertisement
Initial thought was why did we just hire our third secondary coach (based on prior playing experience) and second staffer with no prior on-field coaching experience to assist/coach/develop the worst performing unit on the team. But, if LCE is vouching for his recruiting acumen and Patke takes over the LBs (there are many who sing his praises when it comes to coaching including Richt), then I will refrain from criticizing and remain cautiously optimistic.

That's the best I can do because I refuse to believe that a developer of talent and rercruiter are mutually exclusive. Are they unicorns?

Advertisement
Back