Isaiah Wong vs Sheldon McClellan

Advertisement
if we go on a run this year Isaiah goes down as the best basketball player in miami history…. And before the jokers come at me with “RICK BARRY BRO!”…. I understand Rick Barry had the best career of any cane both in college and professionally.

But I’m talking overall worth on a team. Isaiah has been the best or one of the best players on the team on 2 very bad teams and now 2 very good teams. One could say he’s the primary reason why we got out of the gutter. Obviously guys like Charlie and Kam were tremendous but Isaiah has been the one constant this program has had for 4 years through the highs and lows.

Isaiah Wong for me. But Sheldon was a **** of a player here and was better than Isaiah in many aspects of the game. Just can’t deny Isaiah’s consistency for 3 years now.

Last edited:
Tough one. I think Wong can hurt the opposition from more angles making him harder to defend. Sheldon was a better ball handler in that I don’t remember him ever playing out of control as often as Wong can be especially late in a game.

Advertisement
Sheldon was only here for 2 years. Wong is going on year 4. If Sheldon was here for 4 then I'd say he would be the better player.

Advertisement
if we go on a run this year Isaiah goes down as the best basketball player in miami history…. And before the jokers come at me with “RICK BARRY BRO!”…. I understand Rick Barry had the best career of any cane both in college and professionally.

But I’m talking overall worth on a team. Isaiah has been the best or one of the best players on the team on 1 very bad team and now 2 very good teams. One could say he’s the primary reason why we got out of the gutter. Obviously guys like Charlie and Kam were tremendous but Isaiah has been the one constant this program has had for 3 years through the highs and lows.

Isaiah Wong for me. But Sheldon was a **** of a player here and was better than Isaiah in many aspects of the game. Just can’t deny Isaiah’s consistency for 3 years now.

I understand what you are saying about Zay "as a team player". I get it.

But Rick Barry single-handedly elevated teams at UM and in the NBA. No telling how bad some of those teams would have been without him. And those were the days of the individual superstar, like Pistol Pete.

Who is going to pick up the 16ppg when he leaves next year? He was averaging 7ppg and 20 mins a game his freshman year and then stepped it up a majorly sophomore season. Im not seeing any of our freshmen currently in that role.

Advertisement
Who is going to pick up the 16ppg when he leaves next year? He was averaging 7ppg and 20 mins a game his freshman year and then stepped it up a majorly sophomore season. Im not seeing any of our freshmen currently in that role.

I mean...we replaced a couple of guys from last year's team with Portal players.

So...it's possible...

I’m a Jack McClinton guy as well. The way he single handily carried the team in that game against St. Mary’s in the tournament is the most impressive Canes performance I’ve ever seen. Wish he’d played on a team with a real offense not just a “Hope Jack Gets Hot” offense.

I mean...we replaced a couple of guys from last year's team with Portal players.

So...it's possible...
I think that's the only way, Miller will also be gone. Wooga maybe steps up and Pack still has another 400k coming to him if he stays next year which he should since they want him at Point in the NBA.

Advertisement
I’m a Jack McClinton guy as well. The way he single handily carried the team in that game against St. Mary’s in the tournament is the most impressive Canes performance I’ve ever seen. Wish he’d played on a team with a real offense not just a “Hope Jack Gets Hot” offense.
Jack is the 🐐 and he loves this university. I saw him in the off season helping guys like Wooga and walker and it shows. If Wooga can drain that McGusty midrange jumper through March….watch out. As far as the original question I go with Wong. Maybe not as nba ready but more dynamic

I don't remember much of Jack. I was early in my high school years and didn't pay attention enough to Miami basketball. I just remember checking box scores and he was putting up ridiculous numbers.

OT: I’ll go Jack McClinton as I can’t remember him having the pieces around him to contend. It was Jack or pray for rain

My favorite Bball Cane and the one to make me start paying attention the Canes BBall. He came through during a time when scoring PGs like Gilbert Areanas was making the NBA exiting. You could get it how you wanted it from deep with Jack. Off the screen, pull up, or that nasty stepback.

Advertisement
Back