Official Isaiah Wong ACC Player of the Year and First Team All ACC

Advertisement
Why are the good Miami bball teams so special?

Going back to the first Sweet 16 team with Mario, Vernon and Johnny (shout out to TJ - kind of like the Morgan, Moss and Wayne from the same years football team) then the Larkin team, last years Elite 8 squad and now these guys.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wong gets ACC player o the year, Wong, MILLER and Omer all made All ACC teams, several others got votes for defensive players of the year, most improved player and rookie of the year. Coach L comes in second for Coach of the year. It proves that if you win your conference, the individual recognitions will follow. You lose, your Stats don’t matter as much

Advertisement

Congrats to Zay!

This is huge for the program! It shows that a high-caliber and high star player can succeed at Miami AND get the appropriate recognition. It’s good for recruiting. We are coming off an Elite 8, backed it up by winning the ACC, and now we have one of our players voted as the ACC player of the Year. Not Duke, not UNC, not UVA, but MIAMI.

GO CANES!

It's a small thing, but one area where he has been much improved from last year is FT%. I remember last year he seemed to be down and looking at the numbers he shot 3.8 a game for "only" 74.8%. This year he's shooting 4.9 FT a game at 82.9%. Our FT have kept us in numerous games, and he's been a steady part of that. Kudos.
Not only that, his 3-Pt. shot really improved this season. He went from a guy that would consistently brick from long range, to a dude that can consistently make them, and hit some tough, clutch ones this season.

Much improved player, in my opinion. He is deserving of it, and I’m sure that his teammates are happy for him.

The entire starting 5 could have been selected to the All-ACC squad, that’s how good these guys are.

Advertisement
I’m happy for him. I’m surprised he won POTY. He was inconsistent as **** if you ask me. But he is a talented player no doubt. We would not be where we were last year or this year without him. I was hoping he would come back but I thought it was unlikely. Seems like a nice kid and is definitely a team player. Wish him nothing but the best…after we get to final four!!

Congrats to Wong, the guys that made all ACC and the program as a whole. Need ACC POY Wong to show up in the postseason for the Canes to make a serious run

Congrats to Isaiah, very happy for him. Now carry that momentum into the post-season and make some ****** noise in the tourney!

Advertisement
Back