Isaiah Simmons track...

Advertisement
No need to get a kid who has never played football at the University of Miami. We're better than that.

Advertisement
are these real questions?
we are that desperate to find guys to play here? we are looking at all sports teams to get guys to help out?
graham was a surprise. i'm willing to bet no one thought we'd get what we got out of graham. kid was done w/ his bball eligibility and wanted to take a shot at fb w/ his extra year. worked for everyone.

Guys...I was just watching the Track/Field this last weekend at VT..and this kid is a beast at what he does...he is setting records at the shot put and most likely has 2016 Olympic games in his sites....forget about the thread...Yes JG was a one in 1000...just thought how good this kid was that was all..

Advertisement
, Isaiah Simmons became the first Miami student-athlete to win the shot put with a winning throw of 58-1 ¾

cant find his size, and strength,..his pictures he looks like curtis porter and winning the shot put means power??

your thoughts..he seems to be a soph

http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28700&ATCLID=205556209

Throwing is far more technique based than just pure power. Your good throwers aren't necessarily large. Besides, if he's that good at what he does and wants to make the Olympics, I doubt he's going to take time off from track to try to learn how to play football.

Actually Graham having success in football wasn't THAT big of a surprise. I believe Jimmy played football in high school, so it wasn't like he'd never played at all before. Jimmy is a really good athlete and was physical on the basketball court; football allowed him to bring those attributes together. Also, having played college basketball he didn't mess himself when the the lights came on - except that dropped td at Va Tech. I kid. Hard to say about the young man you've identified without knowing a lot more about him - his previous experience, whether he's physical, his size, etc. As you know, there are plenty of big guys who aren't physical. In any case, I think we can have success continuing to pound the pavement and recruit as we normally would.

Guys...I was just watching the Track/Field this last weekend at VT..and this kid is a beast at what he does...he is setting records at the shot put and most likely has 2016 Olympic games in his sites....forget about the thread...Yes JG was a one in 1000...just thought how good this kid was that was all..

, Isaiah Simmons became the first Miami student-athlete to win the shot put with a winning throw of 58-1 ¾

cant find his size, and strength,..his pictures he looks like curtis porter and winning the shot put means power??

your thoughts..he seems to be a soph

http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28700&ATCLID=205556209

Throwing is far more technique based than just pure power. Your good throwers aren't necessarily large. Besides, if he's that good at what he does and wants to make the Olympics, I doubt he's going to take time off from track to try to learn how to play football.

Fully agree..thanks

What would it hurt if the kid wanted to give football a try? He wouldnt use a football scholarship unless he played in a game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back