Isaiah Horton, 2022 WR from Tennessee offered

Will definitely hit up a game in Murfreesboro if he commits.

Univ Tennessee is just getting dominated instate. They have no commits from any of the 4 stars in state this year or last year. More and more kids going to Clemson from the area. I think Tennessee will be an interesting recruiting state. We are getting a lot of people moving here, especially from CA, NY and IL. Could have potential to be in that next tier of talent producing states
There’s slim picken’s in the state to begin with so if they miss on any, they have to, as they have for years, go OOS.

There sure are a lot of people fleeing those states to TN - and several others. Whether or not it helps the football talent pool will probably take some years to realize.

Advertisement
This right here👆🏾. It speaks volumes about a person’s character. I was a young DL coach at a small HS in GA. Manny (DC at MSU) took a few minutes out of his schedule, at the end of his presentation, to talk defense with me, at an offensive clinic. ****, I definitely couldn’t do anything for him. I had questions. He answered my questions, got on the whiteboard for a minute and gave me a couple of drills that I still use. A DC from a P5 school is talking shop with me, and I **** sure didn’t have anybody that could have played for him.
Interesting tidbit on Horton: Rivals has a story up today about the connection Manny has with Horton's coach. When Manny was at Tennessee- Martin, Horton's coach was an assistant at a small local HS. Even though he didn't have any guys that Manny was interested in recruiting, Manny spent time talking football and sharing his playbook etc with the young HS coach. They have stayed in touch ever since and have a very nice relationship. It seems like this is coming in to play big time with Horton's recruitment. This HS coach has impressed on Horton and his family what a good person Manny is and how you can tell a lot by how a person treats you when you can't do anything for them.

The coach reiterated that Horton wants to get the process resolved before his season starts. He is likely to commit in the next few weeks before his season begins.
****, stuff like this really makes me root for Manny. I hope he's able to do what's necessary to be the next great coach here. 🤞🏾

Interesting tidbit on Horton: Rivals has a story up today about the connection Manny has with Horton's coach. When Manny was at Tennessee- Martin, Horton's coach was an assistant at a small local HS. Even though he didn't have any guys that Manny was interested in recruiting, Manny spent time talking football and sharing his playbook etc with the young HS coach. They have stayed in touch ever since and have a very nice relationship. It seems like this is coming in to play big time with Horton's recruitment. This HS coach has impressed on Horton and his family what a good person Manny is and how you can tell a lot by how a person treats you when you can't do anything for them.

The coach reiterated that Horton wants to get the process resolved before his season starts. He is likely to commit in the next few weeks before his season begins.

gotta be honest, I’ll be shocked if we pull this kid away. We may indeed lead for the kid but generally speaking most SEC country kids we lose seem to favor us late in the process and then in swoops the in state school and $nags him up. Not sure who his main crooter is but this would be a huge coup

Advertisement
gotta be honest, I’ll be shocked if we pull this kid away. We may indeed lead for the kid but generally speaking most SEC country kids we lose seem to favor us late in the process and then in swoops the in state school and $nags him up. Not sure who his main crooter is but this would be a huge coup
Considering the mess UT is right now its not crazy we could snag a kid from their neck of the woods, but yes I won't feel confident till he announces for us considering there's still plenty of time for some booster deposits to be made.

Considering the mess UT is right now its not crazy we could snag a kid from their neck of the woods, but yes I won't feel confident till he announces for us considering there's still plenty of time for some booster deposits to be made.
True. Still though, one fact that's been omitted from all this....and something also that says we're in a great spot.....is the flip Bama is on the brink of completing for an in-state kid that was previously committed to Maryland.....big coincidence that the kid decommitted and was seemingly given the green light, IMMEDIATELY followed the next day with news that Hortons top 3 is really a battle of 2, UT and Miami.....when I seen Bama projected to flip that kid I wondered why, but now it makes perfect sense

I don't know why anyone would be shocked. Top in-state kids don't **** with the Vols and haven't for awhile. If we can get Khamauri Rogers out of Mississippi we can get Horton.

I don't know if intentional but this cycle the staff has found an interesting pocket in recruiting SEC area kids. Not getting into scraps with Alabama, UGA, LSU or Texas A&M. Going after those 4-stars that are on the periphery of those schools for whatever reason and fight all the other SEC schools. The ones basically living off the shine that comes from getting skull drug by Bama. Rogers, Horton, Brown, Fegans, Cull. All 4-stars. Jordan Allen fits too but it appears Cull took his spot at Nickel and we're doing well with true CB prospects. Ibieta will probably be one those schools regret later on too.

I’d like to think that UM coaches are explaining NIL and why the 10-20k the schools are offering is less than the player will make at UM. 100k I can understand but Manny now has the ammunition to easily overcome 10-20k and I would bet that it as much as anyone except a 5 star is receiving.

Advertisement
I don't know why anyone would be shocked. Top in-state kids don't **** with the Vols and haven't for awhile. If we can get Khamauri Rogers out of Mississippi we can get Horton.

I don't know if intentional but this cycle the staff has found an interesting pocket in recruiting SEC area kids. Not getting into scraps with Alabama, UGA, LSU or Texas A&M. Going after those 4-stars that are on the periphery of those schools for whatever reason and fight all the other SEC schools. The ones basically living off the shine that comes from getting skull drug by Bama. Rogers, Horton, Brown, Fegans, Cull. All 4-stars. Jordan Allen fits too but it appears Cull took his spot at Nickel and we're doing well with true CB prospects. Ibieta will probably be one those schools regret later on too.
Yup with a down year locally at some positions we’ve definitely targeted and look to grab some nice talented kids in areas we aren’t use to winning in.

Looks like everything we wanted Wiggins to be…

go up and get ur attitude… YAC…. And of course nice hands with a nice one handed snag

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back