Isaiah Horton, 2022 WR from Tennessee offered

Advertisement
Tennessee recruiting boards telling their fans that this is too close of a battle to call. Their Rivals site is saying they believe Tennessee has a slight lead at this point. Their 247 writer won't say that. He said the following last night:

Can’t say that at the moment. It’s been more of a battle down the stretch than a lot of people seem to realize. I think there’s still a pretty decent chance Tennessee can win out in the end, but the Vols need to make a move down the stretch, in my opinion. Horton legitimately likes Miami, so I still could see this one going either way.

There initially was some talk of Horton deciding sooner, and if he had done that, I think Miami had a real shot at landing him. But Horton taking an extra week or so — he told me earlier that he’s going to announce on the 26th, but everything else I’ve heard suggests it’s going to be the 28th, so it’ll be sometime around then — should give Tennessee more time to make a late push and a better chance of winning the battle. But it’s a close one right now.

I'm not necessarily saying Tennessee is trailing. I just think it's much, much more up in the air than a lot of Tennessee fans have been assuming. As I said, I think the Vols have a pretty decent chance of winning out in the end, but they have some work to do down the stretch to win this battle. I think it's very realistic for that to happen, but it's far from a done deal.
Professionally done , say a lot without saying anything
This is a Masterclass in hedgeography.

His first line was all he needed. “Can’t say at the moment” were the only truthful words written, yet he milked it for 3 hardy paragraphs.
Above you is a post I started writing about this earlier in the am. I never finished but you took the words right out of my mouth, right down to the three paragraphs of nothing.

Yeah my son is actually 20 months now and he’s kicking my ***. I’m 49 but I never actually felt old until this kid.
But I fully expect Manny to offer him a scholarship as soon as I can get him to throw a straight forward pass.
Class of 2037 Bro! GO CANES
The same Cuzz. I’m 48, and he’s 18 mos. 🤣😂🤣. I feel your pain, bruh.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Horton can really play...Big, quick feet, and can really go up and get it. Needs another half step to be considered the elite of the elite...But if he runs some track or ticks .1 or so off his times he can be very good. Could also play safety imo at most schools, but like him as a WR. Gibson is a little quicker, but Horton looks physically stronger and high points well. Would really be happy with either int his class, with the NY kid as a backup plan.

Advertisement
Jesus, we had an "oops" baby almost two years ago. I'm 38 and I feel like Dontae Lucas (after we dropped the 50 burger on them last year) at the end of every day. Don't know how you guys do it but good on ya.
Honestly, I’m having the time of my life…. even tho he kicking my ***🤣😂🤣. I want to be around for errythang I can. I even took a step back at work. Walked away from a Def. Coordinator (HS) job, and other offers to take a MS Head Coaching gig, to be able to spend more time with him. No regrets at all.

Horton can really play...Big, quick feet, and can really go up and get it. Needs another half step to be considered the elite of the elite...But if he runs some track or ticks .1 or so off his times he can be very good. Could also play safety imo at most schools, but like him as a WR. Gibson is a little quicker, but Horton looks physically stronger and high points well. Would really be happy with either int his class, with the NY kid as a backup plan.
I think he looks like Cager with better hands and ball skills. He also plays big and looks natural high pointing the ball. Cager was frustrating because he played small and frequently let smaller guys bully him, in addition to having inconsistent hands.

We could definitely use a big, strong WR who plays a physical game. Hope we get him.

Honestly, I’m having the time of my life…. even tho he kicking my ***🤣😂🤣. I want to be around for errythang I can. I even took a step back at work. Walked away from a Def. Coordinator (HS) job, and other offers to take a MS Head Coaching gig, to be able to spend more time with him. No regrets at all.
100 man, I came out the field and took a remote gig (home); costing me between $60-80 racks a year.
But you only get this one chance. I’ve been the “non-custodial” parent twice, never again.
But I think I just broke a record with the 1 millionth diaper change, sincerely.
1626549342512.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back