Isaiah Horton, 2022 WR from Tennessee offered

Advertisement
Tennessee recruiting boards telling their fans that this is too close of a battle to call. Their Rivals site is saying they believe Tennessee has a slight lead at this point. Their 247 writer won't say that. He said the following last night:

Can’t say that at the moment. It’s been more of a battle down the stretch than a lot of people seem to realize. I think there’s still a pretty decent chance Tennessee can win out in the end, but the Vols need to make a move down the stretch, in my opinion. Horton legitimately likes Miami, so I still could see this one going either way.

There initially was some talk of Horton deciding sooner, and if he had done that, I think Miami had a real shot at landing him. But Horton taking an extra week or so — he told me earlier that he’s going to announce on the 26th, but everything else I’ve heard suggests it’s going to be the 28th, so it’ll be sometime around then — should give Tennessee more time to make a late push and a better chance of winning the battle. But it’s a close one right now.

I'm not necessarily saying Tennessee is trailing. I just think it's much, much more up in the air than a lot of Tennessee fans have been assuming. As I said, I think the Vols have a pretty decent chance of winning out in the end, but they have some work to do down the stretch to win this battle. I think it's very realistic for that to happen, but it's far from a done deal.

Tennessee recruiting boards telling their fans that this is too close of a battle to call. Their Rivals site is saying they believe Tennessee has a slight lead at this point. Their 247 writer won't say that. He said the following last night:

Can’t say that at the moment. It’s been more of a battle down the stretch than a lot of people seem to realize. I think there’s still a pretty decent chance Tennessee can win out in the end, but the Vols need to make a move down the stretch, in my opinion. Horton legitimately likes Miami, so I still could see this one going either way.

There initially was some talk of Horton deciding sooner, and if he had done that, I think Miami had a real shot at landing him. But Horton taking an extra week or so — he told me earlier that he’s going to announce on the 26th, but everything else I’ve heard suggests it’s going to be the 28th, so it’ll be sometime around then — should give Tennessee more time to make a late push and a better chance of winning the battle. But it’s a close one right now.

I'm not necessarily saying Tennessee is trailing. I just think it's much, much more up in the air than a lot of Tennessee fans have been assuming. As I said, I think the Vols have a pretty decent chance of winning out in the end, but they have some work to do down the stretch to win this battle. I think it's very realistic for that to happen, but it's far from a done deal.
Does this reporter have any intel or just more hedging and speculation!!!!

Advertisement

So wait because he's waiting 2 extra days to commit that means Tennessee is given a chance to make a push to get him? Bruh it's so obvious they don't know and Hortons done a great job to keep his privacy

Advertisement
Seeing Alabama in the top 3 of two kids we have a great shot of getting in July is a wonderful sight to see... even if they are plan B’s/1B

Translation: I don’t know ****

Advertisement

This is a Masterclass in hedgeography.

His first line was all he needed. “Can’t say at the moment” were the only truthful words written, yet he milked it for 3 hardy paragraphs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back