Is Yearby just another Graig Cooper?

Don't know where you heard that about Barry Sanders after his first year.

Watched the 30 for 30 on Barry Sanders. A segment focused on Barry Switzer (who was head coach at the time at Oklahoma), saying to make sure you don't hurt Thurman because we do not want to go against the freshman backup (Barry Sanders).

Yearby's shiftiness, instincts, and quickness are second to none. He just needs to put on some more weight. IMO.

Not at Duke's level.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Cooper danced in one spot way too much for me. I think Yearby is much better. Barring injury, Yearby will have a more productive stay at UM.

Yearby made zero plays this year, so I'm failing to see how you think he will be better than Duke, even including the fumbles. I criticize Duke as much as anyone but you have absolutely nothing to base that "argument" on

Name Duke's signature game. I'll wait. Yearby has 3 years to get one.
Lol. Look, I was one of the first people on this board who started pushing that argument. I'm not debating you there.

That doesn't mean Yearby will be better. From the eyeball test, I just don't see Yearby as a better RB.

Time will tell.

Gotcha. Yearby is a pure RB. Balance, vision......yada, yada. He was better than Cook and still is. Cook is straight line fast. He gets through holes if there is a hole to get through. Once free. it's a wrap. He is not going to shake you or find a hole like Yearby or Duke can.

Now, Mark Walton. He is a Man Somebody needs to RS this year at RB, especially is JS and DW come.

Cook first run proved this point. Outside was there. No Shake. Just straight line speed.

i think duke might have fumbled at times because he tried to do too much. do people realize 80% of our plays ran through him. that kid was our #1 receiver too.

dont pay attention to that "former um player" above you(#16 post) lol. He is fsu troll. Still wondering why he isnt banned.

Advertisement
Yearby made zero plays this year, so I'm failing to see how you think he will be better than Duke, even including the fumbles. I criticize Duke as much as anyone but you have absolutely nothing to base that "argument" on

Name Duke's signature game. I'll wait. Yearby has 3 years to get one.
Lol. Look, I was one of the first people on this board who started pushing that argument. I'm not debating you there.

That doesn't mean Yearby will be better. From the eyeball test, I just don't see Yearby as a better RB.

Time will tell.

Gotcha. Yearby is a pure RB. Balance, vision......yada, yada. He was better than Cook and still is. Cook is straight line fast. He gets through holes if there is a hole to get through. Once free. it's a wrap. He is not going to shake you or find a hole like Yearby or Duke can.

Now, Mark Walton. He is a Man Somebody needs to RS this year at RB, especially is JS and DW come.

Cook first run proved this point. Outside was there. No Shake. Just straight line speed.
I have been saying this. I want to see cook run when things get muddled. He is explosive hitting holes and going outside but I haven't seen him jump cut, or make many moves.

Advertisement
Back