Is Wefense ready for this?

I think Nebraska has very little talent on offense. They have an extremely inexperienced OL and no game breakers other than Armstrong among the skill position players who will see playing time. They may rank at the top in plays greater than 10yds., but they rank near the bottom in plays over 20 yds. The Nebraska HC has stated that the biggest problem the team faces is the lack of explosive offensive plays.

2 Future NFL Receivers and future NFL tight end:

Former 4-Star Alonzo Moore
Former 4-Star Jordan Westerkamp
TE Cethan Carter- coming back from suspension.

Top true freshman receiver to ever play at Nebraska in Former 4-Star Stanley Morgan
Former professional Hockey Player (Seriously) Brandon Riley - kid runs a 4.3 - Now that one is just dumb luck. Fastest white kid I've ever seen.
6'5 former Farm Hand and physcial freak - Lane Hovey
Former 4-Star RB, Terrell Newby - LA HS Player of the Year in 2012
Former 4-Star RB, Mikale Wilbon - Chicagoland HS Player of the year in 2013
Former 4-Star RB, Adam Taylor- Texas 5A HS player of the year in 2012.

Nebraska has more talent on offense than they've ever had, and that offensive line at RG, C, and LT includes 3 dudes who played the majority of the snaps vs. Miami in last year's game.... The RT, Nick Gates is a redshirt freshman and making his 1st career road start. However, he's the most recruited offensive tackle Nebraska's had in year. He was a 4-Star out of Bishop Gorman in Vegas with offers from Bama, Auburn, USC, Ohio State, Oregon, and many others.

Nebraska's offense is much deeper and more talented than last season. Its their defense that sucks.

Advertisement
Can someone interpret this for me?

D'Onofrio and his assistants and players are just now starting to get to know the Cornhuskers' new personality. He noted they have a "really good offensive line that is very athletic, the backs are elusive and have good lateral quickness, there are multiple tight ends, and the quarterback is a multiple threat.

"We have to make sure we're prepared for whatever," D'Onofrio said.

In regard to Armstrong, D'Onofrio added, "He fits what they want to do. He has the ability to do a lot of things, and they are. From an offensive standpoint they're doing more than previously because he gives them the option to get the quarterback on the perimeter and run the quarterback and do those sorts of things. He adds that dimension to what they've already done previously."

Advertisement
Can someone interpret this for me?

D'Onofrio and his assistants and players are just now starting to get to know the Cornhuskers' new personality. He noted they have a "really good offensive line that is very athletic, the backs are elusive and have good lateral quickness, there are multiple tight ends, and the quarterback is a multiple threat.

"We have to make sure we're prepared for whatever," D'Onofrio said.

In regard to Armstrong, D'Onofrio added, "He fits what they want to do. He has the ability to do a lot of things, and they are. From an offensive standpoint they're doing more than previously because he gives them the option to get the quarterback on the perimeter and run the quarterback and do those sorts of things. He adds that dimension to what they've already done previously."

Yes, loosely translated, it says, "i'm scared shytless, I have no clue, and we're facked."

Advertisement
Back