Off-Topic Is tipping getting out of control? Do we really have to tip EVERYONE?

I don't get that "Get Food delivered" BS either. I understand Pizza now & then, but that's about it. And I agree with restaurant prices....absolute insanity. Don't get me wrong, I go out plenty...but I absolutely cringe at the prices.
When I can afford making prime steaks at home for what it costs to get average food either delivered at going out to most restaurants, I have no problem eating at home.

Advertisement
I don't get that "Get Food delivered" BS either. I understand Pizza now & then, but that's about it. And I agree with restaurant prices....absolute insanity. Don't get me wrong, I go out plenty...but I absolutely cringe at the prices.
I remember years ago going to order a pizza. It was like 5 or 12 dollar pizza. After all the charges and tips for delivery it was going to be like 30. I decided to just go pick it up and save the money.

Advertisement
Tipping is WAYYYY out of control… normally I tip 20% at restaurants if service is good. If I don’t see you or get refills 10% is all you get unless you give me a reason to go lower.

I don’t do delivery I’d rather pickup my own food. Normally 10% if I’m in a good mood and they are pleasant.

The amount of services I pay for that are asking for tips these days is insane. Had a plumber at work I paid with a CC and asked for a tip on his iPad… I paid $150/hr no way you’re getting a tip. Same thing dog groomers get 20% to wash 2 dogs which is **** near $200 for an Hour plus 20%..

I’m at the point with inflation I’ll pay what your effort matches not percentage. If service is unbelievable I’ll be more than generous to let you know I appreciate it.

Spent $30 on pickup for two middling bacon-egg-cheese bagels and one plain bagel (nothing on it, just a plain bagel).

$30. and got the tip prompt when I picked it up.

GTFOOH.

I'll spend 10 minutes and make it myself next time.

Advertisement
Advertisement

;)(y)

Thank you @301cane
This is to all you cheap bastids out there.

Sidenote:
I never knew this before today, but
Just before they get to the end of the hall they make a left into the kitchen (0.54).
Take note of the firehouse on the wall.
They go through the kitchen (3 rights) and exit left through the same door they entered.
Same firehose to left (1:27).

Last edited:
Advertisement
I survived on tips for many years. Tip (to insure promptness ) in the 80’s I was a dealer in Las Vegas. I dealt to the richest people on the planet and some were generous and others were not. Tips aren’t automatic although today many tip earners think it is. I normally over tip because I know what it is like surviving on them but I have no problem stiffin poor rude service. With the cost of eating out today I expect the service to be nothing short of excellent. every body has a bad day but when you’re in the service industry leave your personal life at home. By the way the biggest tip I ever got was $112,500. No, I didn’t make a mistake. I dealt to this person for 4 hours at his request without a break.

Advertisement
Back