Is this where Manny got the TO chain idea?

Advertisement
Advertisement
ab.jpg

Advertisement
Come on brother... don't make me google that shiit.

It was the original big sideline prop. Basically just a WWE belt given to players who pop the ball out. I think later on they gave it to players who just did big plays. Then all the other teams started making their own. The Tenn trash can, UGA pads, Miami chain, etc.

It was the original big sideline prop. Basically just a WWE belt given to players who pop the ball out. I think later on they gave it to players who just did big plays. Then all the other teams started making their own. The Tenn trash can, UGA pads, Miami chain, etc.
Well that makes more sense than anything... you know Manny likes to take Bama stuff.

Advertisement
Hated both those Kansas State games; the one the year before where Jacory couldn't punch it in for the win on fourth down—and then this beatdown in Manhattan the following year.

Wildcats went 10-3 in 2011 and 11-2 in 2012—first two years Canes had Golden and were dealing with Sharpiro distractions / NCAA investigations.

Back to earth soon after that—8-5 in 2013—but of course UM got them the two years they had some talent and played decent ball.

Bama wasn't the first to do it they stole it from NFL teams.

The Ravens used to have a Sword & championship belt long before Bama ever started wearing it.

Clinton Portis wore the WCW Heavyweight title belt when he rushed for 5TD's vs the Chiefs in 03.

The Turnover chain came about after the 2016 season when the Defense wasn't getting many TO's & Manny in a meeting with the rest of the staff decided to come up with something that would motivate the players & get them to rallying around something that would focus their effort to force more turnovers.

The TO chain became a huge hit in 2017 & then everybody else started copying their own versions of it. Tenn's trash can came after the TO chain.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back