Is this the worst recruiting job in Canes history?

Advertisement
The reality of it is, this class is on par with our last 15 classes and if you don’t know that you haven’t followed our recruiting that long. Since 2006 our classes have routinely been ranked in the late teens to mid twenties, aside from three classes, ‘08 ‘12 ‘17. Look at our classes from 06, 07, 09, 11, 13, and 15, all of these classes are almost identical to our “Surge19” class. Even the 2012 class could be viewed as a bad year because of all the JAGs that came out of it and its high ranking was more based on the sheer number on signees. This class is not great, it’s the class of a 7-5 or 8-4 team which what we are right now. Diaz is right, the best way to get recruits is winning and we aren’t doing that yet.

Advertisement
When you lose in embarrassing fashion, to inferior opponents, with **** poor coaching, no scoring, and lazy *** recruiting. This is the result. I don't believe I will ever see my canes recover enough to reach the top in my lifetime. I'm only 40, but too much damage has been done along with **** effort by the top dogs. I'm resigned to middle of the road 8 or 9 win seasons with occasional 7-5 sprinkled in. Sad but reality. The top coaches won't come here due to low money and fear of wrecking their careers.
Luckily , We are in the ACC coastal where with decent coaching should get us 9/10 wins......Even with the crap we witnessed this season the 4 loses could have been flipped. With any offense with a pulse we win all 4.

Since I joined and really started following recruiting...I would say yes. This season has broken me. I will join the naysayers and pessimists from now on. #NotComing #NobodyisComing
Agree. This season has broken everyone fans,HS recruits etc. people just don’t believe the U can come back. In the past there was still hope but now people have just given up. It’s a shame.

Advertisement
We have to stomp people next year to recover. No 4th q comebacks or to the wire games. If we are to be taken seriously we must destroy UF and FSU. If guys are going to FSU with that crappy season they will still find an excuse to go to other schools if we squeak by them. The usual “young team” “still has Jimbo and sharkfukker guys” “trust the process” excuses will still apply. The only thing that will keep them quiet is beat downs of epic proportions. It’s too late to convince kids otherwise.
Unfortunately I don’t know if we have the dudes to cause that outcome.
I’m very concerned about the dline after the whisky game and while we have highly rated secondary kids, they don’t have a lot of snaps and guys that barely saw the field last year. Hopefully our non existent OC can put up some **** points in the board and not put that much pressure on the defense. The only loss on this teams schedule should be Clemson with beat downs of FSU and gayturds.
Anything less than that will not land us a top ten class. Our image right now is **** poor and barely winning games won’t change it.
This team needs major ***king plastic surgery. Blowing out good teams is the only fix.

taggart was a splash hire until he actually started coaching them. we hired a first-time guy. our situations aren't comparable.
Might wanna hold off on the **** talking til after we play em next season. We barely beat em the last 2 seasons with Mork in charge, now you talking about someone that's never been a HC before going to Tally next season...

We have to stomp people next year to recover. No 4th q comebacks or to the wire games. If we are to be taken seriously we must destroy UF and FSU. If guys are going to FSU with that crappy season they will still find an excuse to go to other schools if we squeak by them. The usual “young team” “still has Jimbo and sharkfukker guys” “trust the process” excuses will still apply. The only thing that will keep them quiet is beat downs of epic proportions. It’s too late to convince kids otherwise.
Unfortunately I don’t know if we have the dudes to cause that outcome.
I’m very concerned about the dline after the whisky game and while we have highly rated secondary kids, they don’t have a lot of snaps and guys that barely saw the field last year. Hopefully our non existent OC can put up some **** points in the board and not put that much pressure on the defense. The only loss on this teams schedule should be Clemson with beat downs of FSU and gayturds.
Anything less than that will not land us a top ten class. Our image right now is **** poor and barely winning games won’t change it.
This team needs major ***king plastic surgery. Blowing out good teams is the only fix.
Stomp!? We just need to win lol

The reality of it is, this class is on par with our last 15 classes and if you don’t know that you haven’t followed our recruiting that long. Since 2006 our classes have routinely been ranked in the late teens to mid twenties, aside from three classes, ‘08 ‘12 ‘17. Look at our classes from 06, 07, 09, 11, 13, and 15, all of these classes are almost identical to our “Surge19” class. Even the 2012 class could be viewed as a bad year because of all the JAGs that came out of it and its high ranking was more based on the sheer number on signees. This class is not great, it’s the class of a 7-5 or 8-4 team which what we are right now. Diaz is right, the best way to get recruits is winning and we aren’t doing that yet.

Offense class has never been this bad

Advertisement
Might wanna hold off on the **** talking til after we play em next season. We barely beat em the last 2 seasons with Mork in charge, now you talking about someone that's never been a HC before going to Tally next season...

shannon did it.

i'm not worried about fsu. they still don't have a quarterback and taggart is still a dog**** coach.

Stomp!? We just need to win lol
We beat FSU last year and couldn’t flip one guy from them. As far as these kids are concerned and what other schools will pitch is that all we added was window dressing and we were lucky to beat them. The product on the field has to be way above average to make these kids want to come here after this seasons damage. Barely beating FSU and UF does not send any statement at all. It didn’t send a statement the last 2 years we beat them. Does it feel like we have a 2 game win streak against the noles? Because the recruits don’t feel like it.

Advertisement
UM lost all their recruiting momentum losing to UVA, Duke and BC in consecutive weeks. That torpedoed UM's recruiting. Would these kids have still left in UM were 11-1? Maybe, but there would have been options. First, string together some 11 win seasons, build excitement and energy around the program, bring in the right hires not the hot hires. Stop wasting time and resources chasing these kids who you know $$$

No it's not. we had top 5 to 10 classes in the past and some of them guys was garbage to be nice. the real central problem to me is that we're too busy being up these blue chips asses that clearly don't want Us from the get go. they troll us decommitting and are not born bred canes hence is why our class looks like trash. let's do our do diligence, find our GUYS that want to be apart of this. we will always recruit and grab players, and that wins **** is overstated. ****, if we had a at least respectable product on offense we would've made the playoffs in 17'. stop targeting the wrong kids

Last edited:
Last year was Mark’s last shot at being something and he was not up to it. Beat Pitt, go undefeated, make a decent showing against Clemson and beat WI in Orange Bowl Game and last Fedbruary would had closed with massive hosannas instead of flop.

Advertisement
Back