Is this the type of role Diaz envisions for Chase Smith?

FrancisSawyer

All American
Premium

If you have never watched Brett Kollmann I highly recommend his YouTube channel. This is a draft preview on Notre Dame Linebacker Jeremiah Owuso-Koramoah.

I found it intriguing because the position that Owuso-Koramoah played in college is described by Kollmann as a Nickel/Sam LB hybrid which is basically what the Striker is in our defense. Obviously Owuso-Koramoah is a potential 1st round NFL pick but in watching the piece and listening to Brett Kollmann describe Koramoah's attributes, his role in the Irish defense and what makes him so versatile and valuable on the field I couldn't help but think of Chase Smith. Not that I'm trying to say that Smith will develop as well as Koramoah but that the type of role he had at ND may be the type of role that our staff sees Chase Smith possibly growing into.

Last edited:
Advertisement

If you have never watched Brett Kollmann I highly recommend his YouTube channel. This is a draft preview on Notre Dame Linebacker Jeremiah Owuso-Koramoah.

I found it intriguing because the position that Owuso-Koramoah played in college is described by Kollmann as a Nickel/Sam LB hybrid which is basically what the Striker is in our defense. Obviously Owuso-Koramoah is a potential 1st round NFL pick but in watching the piece and listening to Brett Kollmann describe Koramoah's attributes, his role in the Irish defense and what makes him so versatile and valuable on the field I couldn't help but think of Chase Smith. Not that I'm trying to say that Smith will develop as well as Koramoah but that the type of role he had at ND may be the type of role that our staff sees Chase Smith possibly growing into.

You’re two weeks late to the party Francis. The coaches, everyone on this site and every athlete at practice knows this kid is insanely elite. fwiw

E153010D-A8EE-4CFB-8902-3171AB3F4D1C.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Random but this dude really does an amazing job breaking this stuff down. One of the better ones that I have seen.
I see zero reason why Smith can’t be that kid. He has the athleticism, length, and juice to do all of that. He just needs to pack on some bounds to bang inside the tackles but that will come.

No. Chase is better. And I ain’t joking.

You’re two weeks late to the party Francis. The coaches, everyone on this site and every athlete at practice knows this kid is insanely elite. fwiw

View attachment 145345
I'm not late my friend lol. I've loved Chase Smith as a recruit from well before he was committed. I've also been keeping track of his progress this Spring and I am extremely excited to see him play and how he continues to develop. The point of the thread was to compare what he might bring to Jeremiah Owosu-Koramoah from ND and what he did in that defense.

I know we got JW and LT. But I honestly think Chase will be the best defender in this class when the dust settles

Advertisement
There is a serious problem if we stack this kid at third string striker, and only let one of him, Frierson, and K Smith on the field at one time. Especially if we're playing bums at the 2LB spots

Chase is going to get in the lineup there’s no doubt about that. JWill and Chase will take this defense up notches we haven’t seen in awhile.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back