Is this recruiting situation going to ugly really fast?

Advertisement
Sanctions and assuming FSU is for real?

Sanctions won't be that big of an effect in terms of quality of players that want to come here. We will at most lose one or (highly unlikely) two more bowl games. The loss of scholarships will hurt depth, but not much of an impact on recruiting. The recruits know that they'd get that much more playing time, and we are still a national T.V. draw. As for FSU, who cares? They can only take so many players. For a long time, both of our teams were at the peak at the same time, and we did just fine.

FSU talk will be over tomorrow night

Sanctions..........your guess as good as mine

Advertisement
I think we'll be fine with recruiting, but FSU is for real. Saw a little bit of the Wake Forest game. That defense is ridiculous. Canes fans convincing themselves that FSU will fluke out this season may want to watch the Clemson game tomorrow.

Yeah, I don't see why people are so confident Clemson will torch FSU. The Noles are stacked with talent, and have looked very sharp. Should be a great game... But in terms of recruiting, our exposure is limitted to Thomas and Collins, right? I think everyone else is solid, per Peter and other reports. I think Golden will be able to sell against whatever the outcome is, given we're only talking to recruits that are at risk.

I think if Clemson beats FSU it could snowball again. They have a few road games late in the year and that's usually when your team is nicked up on offense. I agree that their front four(2 deep actually) is filthy, but I'd be hesitant to think that their offense can carry the load in Nov & Dec.

Their offense is definitely a question mark, but that defense is stacked with future NFL players. Last year they fluked out, but from what I saw in the Wake Forest game, they are legit this season.

For us canes fans we should be rooting for FSU. The higher ranked they are when they play us the better. If we somehow beat them, it's better for us for recruiting and for purposes of beating a highly ranked team as well.

Advertisement
****, wrong thread.

Unless FSU somehow wins the NC, it wont affect our recruiting.

Last edited:
Advertisement
All 3 schools will always recruit well. I don't think Miami is going to get any death penalty type sanctions. It's all about riding through the storm if there is a loss of scholarships. The good players in south Florida will always stay home so Golden has to keep them home.

All 3 schools will always recruit well. I don't think Miami is going to get any death penalty type sanctions. It's all about riding through the storm if there is a loss of scholarships. The good players in south Florida will always stay home so Golden has to keep them home.

this is true all teams do well but UM is in the better hot bed but all 3 schools get good players.

You can only get 25. We will always get ours. The question is, do we choose the right ones we can get.

Advertisement
Perception vs reality. Miami wins in every category, except on signing day.the U is in good hands with Golden.

Wish the Noles had taken it over the head yesterday. Recruits watching that offense an defense against a top 10 team...not helping the cause.

the same recruits who saw FSU beat Clemson will come down for miami vs FSU. let's hope we win that one or at least not have it a repeat of 2011.

also can anyone show matthew thomas mama that pic of Golden hugging malcolm?

the same recruits who saw FSU beat Clemson will come down for miami vs FSU. let's hope we win that one or at least not have it a repeat of 2011.

also can anyone show matthew thomas mama that pic of Golden hugging malcolm?
+10,000

Advertisement
Back