Is This Really a 5-6 Loss Team?

AUcane

All-ACC
Premium
Or we are a 10-11 win team but we just really bad at situational football on offense and defense? Key 3rd/4th downs on offense and defense have been killing us as has red zone play calling.

So my question is, are we really victims to bad luck/bad scheming on these key downs or does it really not matter?

Advertisement
Hard to tell. I think some of it is growing pains. Everyone is making mistakes right now, but the important thing is if those mistakes are being corrected. An L is an L, but many issues that surfaced against Florida were corrected in this game. However some new stuff popped up. Let’s get these next two tune ups in and see what’s up.

Advertisement
IMO, ST are the big killer and have been abysmal for years. BaXa was erratic last year and has proven to be just as bad. Is Patke the problem? The missed chip shot BaXa kicked the turf first. Pat too low? Last kick was a good sized barn width too left... it even a chance. He’s our Feagles. Who’s next in line? Anyone who can kick 30 yarders and PATs?

We have a more talented roster than a 5-6 loss team, but we're not a better team than one. That's the facts.

IMO, ST are the big killer and have been abysmal for years. BaXa was erratic last year and has proven to be just as bad. Is Patke the problem? The missed chip shot BaXa kicked the turf first. Pat too low? Last kick was a good sized barn width too left... it even a chance. He’s our Feagles. Who’s next in line? Anyone who can kick 30 yarders and PATs?
Carli Lloyd says hi 😂

Advertisement
Or we are a 10-11 win team but we just really bad at situational football on offense and defense? Key 3rd/4th downs on offense and defense have been killing us as has red zone play calling.

So my question is, are we really victims to bad luck/bad scheming on these key downs or does it really not matter?

Stop dreaming. Vegas had us at 8.5 wins and all the CIS “experts” were claiming they knew better. Go with the pros when determining the future not the orange and green shade wearing #TNM zombies.

if we keep games close and have tor rely on special teams then 5-6 losses is not out of the question. Then come the intangibles like luck and bad calls that seem to pile against us. We are just not good enough to overcome that. I recall we set a record for penalties in the Cotton Bowl vs Texas and still blew them out. We just don't have those kind of teams anymore. Very little margin for error.

Advertisement

You are what your record says you are.

Two weeks to prepare for North Carolina and still lose to them with their true freshman qb and we've given up 14 sacks in two games. What do you think? There are only 3 games on our schedule that I have confidence in us winning, so we might not even win 6 games, that's just being honest.

Advertisement
Can we please dispense with the 12-0, 11-1, 10-2 stuff. I’m getting ready to Baker Act some of you guys for Christsakes

Team Can win every game left on the schedule but I’m starting to think two more losses are I. There somewhere

Advertisement
Back