Is this cryptic tweet a sign of whats to come?

That’s what’s ****ed up about the latest twist.. the if Manny hires a new DC, he’s ******* over everyone. — not just firing them or demoting them — but ******* them over by going behind them and knifing them in the back...

All based on a meeting last Monday that was only mentioned yesterday
I don’t see him doing that. I think he has more integrity than that and he’s been honest with his people. Just my gut feeling.

Advertisement
It’s a bad spot to be in and I wouldn’t want to be in his shoes with that. I don’t know why he hired him in the first place though but I guess he had no tree so he’s what he felt comfortable with.
My take is he had to move fast at the time and took his “best” available option. Same with Enos. His D was more than serviceable at that time and his focus was more on fixing the O. Year 2 Manny had to focus on the O again when Enos was a bust.
And now Manny has the opportunity to fix his D. If he doesn’t take advantage of it, his tenure will be short lived.

My take is he had to move fast at the time and took his “best” available option. Same with Enos. His D was more than serviceable at that time and his focus was more on fixing the O. Year 2 Manny had to focus on the O again when Enos was a bust.
And now Manny has the opportunity to fix his D. If he doesn’t take advantage of it, his tenure will be short lived.
mannys d wasn't an issue when he was DC. bakers D (even if it is the same scheme) isnt the same and has taken a step back. its clear, the D has to change as it has been exposed combined with the lack of talent at key spots which also does fall on Manny

Advertisement
To the people talking crap about Manny retaining Baker in response to Cribbys post, read it again.

The man clearly said "worst case scenario" and "if the cant get another DC"

Manny is trying to get a new DC. Fact. A big time DC thos board loved was contacted, and he did not choose Miami.

So again, as Cribby said, "worst case scenario"

I do fully expect to now hear that any DC is better than Baker. Carry on.
That’s my take. Manny may have attempted to hire another DC but for any number of reasons, was/is unsuccessful - at this point. A new DC might still happen, but if not, he reverts to plan B of which he remains involved in the D and gets input from TRob and the new DL coach.

Advertisement
We don't know what these potential candidates are being told.... I can see if you don't have full control why you wouldn't want the job..
I’ll add that surely Manny isn’t putting all his eggs in one basket -ie a new DC - and has contingency plans if that doesn’t happen.

This;

If Patke & Baker stays, TRob is the lipstick on the pig & Rumph the sacrificial lamb.

That means, Banda wasn’t replaced; he left due to wanting to be his own man, & possibly having conflict w/ both Reed & not getting the “co” respect.

Stroud left on his own volition & still “may” come back if we can’t find anyone.

I need to see a complete overhaul, and no offense, hiring Simpson is a proverbial beta move. Hiring a coach who has no other options that was once under ur staff?? Naw, miss me w/ that.

I need to see power moves. I need to see a new DC, and a new DL coach w/ pedigree. T Rob is a start, but it’s just that......a start.
Stroud's wife said he's healthy and that's not the reason for his leaving.

We don't know what these potential candidates are being told.... I can see if you don't have full control why you wouldn't want the job..

we also don't know if the guys they're talking to are currently employed with other schools and there are some moving parts that have to be figured out first. t-rob was unemployed when he was hired so there isnt dealing with a contract. you just wait and see if he accepts or not.

Advertisement
That’s what’s ****ed up about the latest twist.. the if Manny hires a new DC, he’s ******* over everyone. — not just firing them or demoting them — but ******* them over by going behind them and knifing them in the back...

All based on a meeting last Monday that was only mentioned yesterday
Business is business

He has fired offensive staffs two years in a row, so he likes to hold offensive coaches accountable, but I knew it would probably be a different story with the defense. I also think manny wants to keep being involved in the defense, because that’s his source of pride.
Not sure I’d take much pride in that sieve he calls a defense...when you get knocked down and called for 3-4 eight counts in a fight you just got to figure out what your throwing out there just ain’t working and throw in the towel.

Advertisement
To the people talking crap about Manny retaining Baker in response to Cribbys post, read it again.

The man clearly said "worst case scenario" and "if the cant get another DC"

Manny is trying to get a new DC. Fact. A big time DC thos board loved was contacted, and he did not choose Miami.

So again, as Cribby said, "worst case scenario"

I do fully expect to now hear that any DC is better than Baker. Carry on.
It's almost true that any would be better, and here is why. The second we have another bad game, players are going to say, "Here we go again." Players get tired of being made to look like fools because a D doesn't put them in position to make a play. Yes, players make mistakes in the heat of battle. However, what we saw this year was not simply players making mistakes. It was players out of position due to coaching. Just wait until players check out completely, like they did in the Golden Clemson game.

It comes down to the players buying what a coach is selling. Just like when D'Onofrio was here, players are going to stop believing and check out.

So yes, there are worse DCs out there. However, I am not sure going into a season with the Baker Act is anywhere close to doing what is best for the team. For THIS team, moving forward, we need to move away from Baker.

Whatever happens, happens. Like others have stated, it would be pretty odd to hire position coaches first, then a DC. That being said, if you have a chance to get top notch position coaches, a good DC should be willing to roll with them.

Advertisement
Back