Is this cryptic tweet a sign of whats to come?

I dont think TRob, a DC himself w SEC ties and highly rated as a DB coach, comes to Miami with Baker as DC.

bit of a tinfoil hat on here but seems like DC is just getting contract set up.

as far as Partidge as DL, what 4-3 DC in his right mind wouldn’t want him coaching DL?
Hard to imagine TRob reporting to Baker. I’m guessing at if Manny’s talking to other DC’s, he’s let Baker know.

Advertisement
I dont think TRob, a DC himself w SEC ties and highly rated as a DB coach, comes to Miami with Baker as DC.

bit of a tinfoil hat on here but seems like DC is just getting contract set up.

as far as Partidge as DL, what 4-3 DC in his right mind wouldn’t want him coaching DL?
This is obvious. T-Rob isn't coming here to work for a guy who is less qualified than he is to run a Defense at a major school.

I think we’ll get a good DL coach. If we don’t get a legit DC the slurpers will defend it by saying “Manny’s calling the plays.”
that's not the slurpers just saying it. Cribby is not a slurper. He said this could turn out to be the reality. I am hoping for a dl/co-dc type of hire like Partridge or maybe Wilson who has some co-dc experience who can also call plays. We will need to offer $omething more to entice them over probably. I agree though that no matter what, Manny needs to delegate play calling and Baker needs to stay the **** away from anything remotely having to do with play calling.

Hard to imagine TRob reporting to Baker. I’m guessing at if Manny’s talking to other DC’s, he’s let Baker know.
That’s what’s ****ed up about the latest twist.. the if Manny hires a new DC, he’s ******* over everyone. — not just firing them or demoting them — but ******* them over by going behind them and knifing them in the back...

All based on a meeting last Monday that was only mentioned yesterday

Advertisement
To the people talking crap about Manny retaining Baker in response to Cribbys post, read it again.

The man clearly said "worst case scenario" and "if the cant get another DC"

Manny is trying to get a new DC. Fact. A big time DC thos board loved was contacted, and he did not choose Miami.

So again, as Cribby said, "worst case scenario"

I do fully expect to now hear that any DC is better than Baker. Carry on.

that's not the slurpers just saying it. Cribby is not a slurper. He said this could turn out to be the reality. I am hoping for a dl/co-dc type of hire like Partridge or maybe Wilson who has some co-dc experience who can also call plays. We will need to offer $omething more to entice them over probably. I agree though that no matter what, Manny needs to delegate play calling and Baker needs to stay the **** away from anything remotely having to do with play calling.
I’m just saying that they’ll defend that we didn’t get a DC. I think a new DC was necessary. If Manny can do it his way and succeed then he deserves that credit down the road.

Facts

Wow this is the truth so far
Facts are what will actually transpire and be documented for all to evaluate. This is all just conjecture. Simply agreeing with someone's opinion does not turn it into "facts". Just want to clarify.

Advertisement
To the people talking crap about Manny retaining Baker in response to Cribbys post, read it again.

Manny is trying to get a new DC. Fact. A big time DC thos board loved was contacted, and he did not choose Miami.

Ok. No issue with Cribby and I understand the worst case scenario. I’m amazed that the University of Miami would not be able to hire a qualified DC.

Freeman I assume

Advertisement
I’m just saying that they’ll defend that we didn’t get a DC. I think a new DC was necessary. If Manny can do it his way and succeed then he deserves that credit down the road.
I can go either way. Baker stops calling plays. Manny delegates play calling to a new person with fresh ideas. Titles are only titles.

Ok. No issue with Cribby and I understand the worst case scenario. I’m amazed that the University of Miami would not be able to hire a qualified DC.
Not just "qualified" as the floor.

Better than Manny. Manny will take over playcalling if no new DC. So why would Manny hire a DC that he believes is worse than him?

Anyway, we aren't there yet.

I can go either way. Baker stops calling plays. Manny delegates play calling to a new person with fresh ideas. Titles are only titles.
Apparently they’ve reached out to some real DCs. It sounds like he’s trying. I do worry about the scheme though. How much play calling did Manny do last season is my next question? The last 2 seasons haven’t been where we need to be defensively.

Advertisement
Not just "qualified" as the floor.

Better than Manny. Manny will take over playcalling if no new DC. So why would Manny hire a DC that he believes is worse than him?

Anyway, we aren't there yet.
I’ve heard the name as well offline. I’m sure he’s trying. My worry is scheme and how much playcalling did Manny do last season as that didn’t work.

Let's just run with your premise that Manny slurpers can use this an excuse why we stand pat and not make more hires at key spots (even though Manny "lucked" into getting T Rob)... how do you then square the greatness that Manny slurpers think of him with the fact no one wants to work with him?

You think they are using or will use this as an excuse if we don't find a dc/dline, etc. replacement? Think about it.
C'mon he can find coaches to hire. I'm saying fans will talk themselves off a ledge or have pre built in excuses so they can continue to not see the truth.

As long as he is still working to find better options I am good. There is still time to make the hire. I have always been worried about his connections, so to hear, he is still looking isn't surprising

Advertisement
Back