Is this cryptic tweet a sign of whats to come?

I think people are assuming if Baker stays he retains the same status he had. Long before TRob was hired there were rumors the defense would be "tweaked", Baker would not be calling plays, etc. So far this seems to be what is playing out.

I still think we can see some necessary changes on defense without heads rolling. Reassignments and key hires can be the tweaks needed even if this isn't cathartic for some that just want to see the whole defense blown to smithereens along with body parts.
But what has Baker done to be retained? We need accountability. Right now there is none from top to bottom. Manny is not holding Baker accountable and Baker is not holding his LBers accountable.

Advertisement
Everybody take a deep breath.

223C8AB0-A5E4-4636-BCB6-2B63A9FFD87E.gif

At this point who knows if they are even bringing in a DC. It’s possible that Manny hires a DL coach and Manny’s the DC.
Still not ruling out co-dc/dline with maybe play calling role? That means Baker could still keep a co-dc/lbs and keep his salary. Patke just sticks with specials. Manny needs to stay CEO.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Manny won’t be here to be the off-season 2022 champ if he keeps Baker. It’s that simple
No it’s not, u less we fail miserably. Fans like to think that but James won’t have the balls to fire him, plus firing him next year is a way for Diaz to save his job

But what has Baker done to be retained? We need accountability. Right now there is none from top to bottom. Manny is not holding Baker accountable and Baker is not holding his LBers accountable.
Don't ask me. I have nothing to do with it. I am just an interested observer like most on here.

Advertisement
At this point who knows if they are even bringing in a DC. It’s possible that Manny hires a DL coach and Manny’s the DC.
I’m really hoping Manny isn’t planning on calling plays which if he’s not hiring a DC that leaves Blake,The new DL coach ( figuring Stroud is still wanting to retire due to Health reasons) or TROB.

Manny needs to stay learning how to be a HC not concentrating on the defense which is the worst case scenario other than Blake being in charge.So does Blake undermine TROB or the new DL coach if they are calling the D cause he thinks he’s smarter than them the first time something goes wrong?

At my job if I have to fire my lead estimator for continued mistakes I sure as fck ain’t keeping him/her around to stir up **** talking behind my back cause he’s ****ed at the demotion.

‘I really hope Manny is going to do the best thing for the program and cuts ties with Baker cause if not he better have some thick *** skin cause he’s gonna get lit up til he’s gone.

Advertisement
Funny how many folks think Jaycane actually has inside info.

nobody know jack. Just let it unfold.

Either Manny replaces Blake with a qualified DC or he’s fired this time next year.

What’s another year when we been waiting almost 20..

Still not ruling out co-dc/dline with maybe play calling role? That means Baker could still keep a co-dc/lbs and keep his salary. Patke just sticks with lbs. Manny needs to stay CEO.
I’ve been under the impression that we’d have a new DC but I guess that’s not necessarily happening. Guess we’ll know soon enough but I don’t see TRob reporting to Baker.

Advertisement
It was not unpleasant by any means. I think people took what I said the wrong way... he was not exactly happy because he was an outsider on the staff. Diaz, Banda, Patke, and then Baker came right before he left.. they hung out together and ran all of the meetings. He’s far more qualified than Patke and Patke was seemingly more relied upon.

He would come back because he’s basically out of options
U talking as if u have inside info or was there in the meetings lol

Advertisement
Back