Is this cryptic tweet a sign of whats to come?

Something doesn’t add up.
tenor.gif

Advertisement
Last year, Manny won the off-season and that helped the team go from 6-7 to 8-3. This off-season, it looks like Manny is winning another and hopefully he goes from 8-3 to 11-1/10-2 etc. He's a young, inexperienced coach and like all successful coaches, it takes a few seasons to succeed. And most importantly, he's not being stubborn.
Just because he completely underachieved and went 6-7 his first year doesn’t mean that’s the standard or measuring stick....last year should have been a 9 win season easily. The fiu, LT, and duke losses are completely pathetic And unacceptable

Advertisement
Manny is such a smart guy!
If Manny hires T-rob and still keeps his buds =to last year hiring Reed instead of Highsmith.If he does that then he is smart just doing enough PR to keep the heat off while still doing it his way.

Things getting weirder by the day. Patience is best.

Going from TRob didn’t come here to work for Baker to Manny met with all the coaches and they are good is the equivalent of me pouring coke in Pappy Van Winkle in the bourbon thread...
If T Rob came under the condition to work under Baker/Diaz as a DC then he’s an idiot, which I doubt he is. Just doesn’t make sense.

If Diaz truly believes talent is the issue on Defense and not the scheme/coaches then we are, unequivocally, in deep ****!

I try to stick to reading here because I have zero to offer .. From all the post I've been reading my take is this. Sounds like Baker is just a backup plan incase all the other choices don't pan out. The man is shooting his shot with the top guys for the job, I think if he lands his man then Baker will be unemployed. Just give him time to interview and make the right choice. But yes I feel like Baker is just a backup.

Advertisement
Easy to pin down who that is, what a jackass. Maudes should be ashamed.
To clarify.. people have dm’d me canes brotherhood and no it’s not him. He was dming me about TRob and was spot on so take that how you will. I don’t quote info from people that are in my DMs unless I know them personally. However he was right. If I say something on here it’s from one or maybe 2 people most likely or from the opposite end from Miami.

It‘s someone that is partnered with CIS. No need to throw names out.

Hope not. If that's the case, he's chosen career suicide. I find it hard to believe a premier position coach like T-Rob, who could get a job almost anywhere, would agree to board a sinking ship.

Maybe Baker is still on staff but not calling plays. Personally I think it's a mistake to retain him, but I will still consider it a win if a legit DC like Steele came in as Co-DC and the primary play caller, and Baker was demoted to the non play calling co-DC.

Agreed; as long as Baker ain’t a DC.

Advertisement
To clarify.. people have dm’d me canes brotherhood and no it’s not him. He was dming me about TRob and was spot on so take that how you will. I don’t quote info from people that are in my DMs unless I know them personally. However he was right. If I say something on here it’s from one or maybe 2 people most likely or from the opposite end from Miami.

And he ought to be ashamed knowing how much damage has been done by loose lips and letting info out before it needs to be..

Is he from the southeast or is he a tejano?

If Manny hires T-rob and still keeps his buds =to last year hiring Reed instead of Highsmith.If he does that then he is smart just doing enough PR to keep the heat off while still doing it his way.
Yep... gotta keep a scapegoat for next year. But he will not make it into 2022.

Advertisement
Agreed; as long as Baker ain’t a DC.
I think people are assuming if Baker stays he retains the same status he had. Long before TRob was hired there were rumors the defense would be "tweaked", Baker would not be calling plays, etc. So far this seems to be what is playing out.

I still think we can see some necessary changes on defense without heads rolling. Reassignments and key hires can be the tweaks needed even if this isn't cathartic for some that just want to see the whole defense blown to smithereens along with body parts.

I’m not saying he’s legit. He admitted to knowing nothing when this all began, right?

Maybe he got a high off of it and convinced himself he did know his **** idk
I got ya. I edited my post as you were responding and I mentioned the Brad guy.

Advertisement
Back