Is this cryptic tweet a sign of whats to come?

@JayCane20

paul f thompkins do not want GIF

Advertisement
Baker was around the facility today for whatever that’s worth.

My understanding is it would be almost a blindside if there was a change at DC but they’re also ready for anything and know manny is on a mission to get it right.

Patke also saw stuff floating around on twitter and had to call manny. So the fake insiders making false assumptions about people’s livelihood and career is getting out of hand.

I was told that anyone quoting anything from the Miami side is guessing because there’s only 2 people that know of what is going on. Most of the Staff really doesn’t even know.

Kind of embarrassing to CIS that one is also involved around here. Bad look imo.

I had been skeptical of Miami and the ability to line up more than 1 big time assistant for our 3 openings. Knew there would be a TRob like hire but how the other 2 shake out would be iffy. I now think the DL coach will be high profile and then the 3rd assistant I would expect Telly or DVD to get some kind of role where they can be an ace recruiter on the trail. Not bad. But replacing the DC should have been priority #1 in my eyes and nothing else really solves anything.

Sounds like Manny saw the issue being recruiting and personnel and less on scheme although they will make tweaks if Blake stays.
sad black and white GIF

Season ended a few weeks ago. Diaz has to know whether he's keeping the DC or not by now. Seeing as a number of transfers might be very interested in knowing who the DC will be before making a decision, I assume Diaz would have clearly stated that Baker will be DC if that was the plan. I'm sure Diaz knows of all the speculation swirling around the DC, the fact that he hasn't made a point to say Baker will be returning as DC suggests there is still light at the end of the tunnel.

Or it could mean that he’s trying to let time pass, and the focus is on the DL Coach & that’s that.

they had post season meetings last Monday and all knew where they stood so nothing should be a shocker to them unless Manny told them they’re good and then goes behind their back.

Welp... still doesn't preclude co-dc role for perhaps a new big name dline coach and stripping play calling from Baker? Patke then reassigned to just special teams?

Advertisement
Or it could mean that he’s trying to let time pass, and the focus is on the DL Coach & that’s that.

Hope not. If that's the case, he's chosen career suicide. I find it hard to believe a premier position coach like T-Rob, who could get a job almost anywhere, would agree to board a sinking ship.

Maybe Baker is still on staff but not calling plays. Personally I think it's a mistake to retain him, but I will still consider it a win if a legit DC like Steele came in as Co-DC and the primary play caller, and Baker was demoted to the non play calling co-DC.

Last edited:

My understanding is it would be almost a blindside if there was a change at DC but they’re also ready for anything and know manny is on a mission to get it right.

Patke also saw stuff floating around on twitter and had to call manny. So the fake insiders making false assumptions about people’s livelihood and career is getting out of hand.

I was told that anyone quoting anything from the Miami side is guessing because there’s only 2 people that know of what is going on. Most of the Staff really doesn’t even know.

Kind of embarrassing to CIS that one is also involved around here. Bad look imo.

I had been skeptical of Miami and the ability to line up more than 1 big time assistant for our 3 openings. Knew there would be a TRob like hire but how the other 2 shake out would be iffy. I now think the DL coach will be high profile and then the 3rd assistant I would expect Telly or DVD to get some kind of role where they can be an ace recruiter on the trail. Not bad. But replacing the DC should have been priority #1 in my eyes and nothing else really solves anything.

Sounds like Manny saw the issue being recruiting and personnel and less on scheme although they will make tweaks if Blake stays.
What did you mean with respect to CIS.

Sorry I didn't get that part

Rereading the conversation I just had I guess I could phrase it differently or im overthinking it.

Blake leaving would be a shocker. I guess there’s still a chance he’s demoted and they bring in a DC who is also the DL coach or maybe a DC with no positional coaching responsibility. The latter rules out Telly or DVD being on field.

And a side note.. I hate the idea of DVD being an assistant CB coach. Stay out of the way of the most proven position coach on the entire staff. If he’s a recruiter only.. so be it. I’d rather see Telly as an inside WR coach or something.

Supposedly Manny has been given a huge increase in staff money to get this fixed.If he hangs on to Baker and PATKE ( more Baker than PATKE) and we get rolled a couple times ( Bama will be one) because of it James and Manny both better be looking for good moving companies.
I’m just hoping that things are already settled and Manny is releasing names one at a time to keep us in the news till NSD...One can dream anyways

Advertisement
Hope not. If that's the case, he's chosen career suicide. I find it hard to believe a premier position coach like T-Rob, who could get a job almost anywhere, would agree to board a sinking ship.
That or they told him he could write his own pay check

Advertisement
Advertisement

I'm so done with this ****** program if this is true

What did you mean with respect to CIS.

Sorry I didn't get that part
Someone involved with CIS is the one floating around the fake insider **** getting twitter riled up saying everyone is fired. its a bad look making up fake bs about someone’s career.

He’s also DM’d me “we hired ___ It’s done” 3 times yesterday. Last being TRob. It’s clearly a guessing game to him

Advertisement
Back