Is this cryptic tweet a sign of whats to come?

Advertisement
This;

If Patke & Baker stays, TRob is the lipstick on the pig & Rumph the sacrificial lamb.

That means, Banda wasn’t replaced; he left due to wanting to be his own man, & possibly having conflict w/ both Reed & not getting the “co” respect.

Stroud left on his own volition & still “may” come back if we can’t find anyone.

I need to see a complete overhaul, and no offense, hiring Simpson is a proverbial beta move. Hiring a coach who has no other options that was once under ur staff?? Naw, miss me w/ that.

I need to see power moves. I need to see a new DC, and a new DL coach w/ pedigree. T Rob is a start, but it’s just that......a start.
Said it from the start. Unless he brings in an autonomous DC anything else is typical Manure "win the off season" window dressing. TRob is awesome, but, by the time his recruiting starts bearing fruit, Manure will be fired.

There's no circumstances where keeping this same system in place and adding a couple new position coaches will do anything. This needed a complete overhaul.

I think the report of Stroud leaving would not have gone out unless a new DL coach was secured. Would be bad optics if he comes back because Manny could not find anyone. Also would stretch credulity we landed someone like T Rob to replace Banda but can't land anyone to replace Stroud.
You can always find a replacement coach. When did this myth start that you need to have a position coach hired before being able to fire the incumbent. The market is absolutely flooded with guys who would cut a finger off to work at UM.

Advertisement
I would rather win the football season as opposerd to cheering the coach for his mythical off season championship.
Last year, Manny won the off-season and that helped the team go from 6-7 to 8-3. This off-season, it looks like Manny is winning another and hopefully he goes from 8-3 to 11-1/10-2 etc. He's a young, inexperienced coach and like all successful coaches, it takes a few seasons to succeed. And most importantly, he's not being stubborn.

Last year, Manny won the off-season and that helped the team go from 6-7 to 8-3. This off-season, it looks like Manny is winning another and hopefully he goes from 8-3 to 11-1/10-2 etc. He's a young, inexperienced coach and like all successful coaches, it takes a few seasons to succeed. And most importantly, he's not being stubborn.
We'll see if he's not being stubborn. As of now, Jim Baker and Patsy are still employed.

You can always find a replacement coach. When did this myth start that you need to have a position coach hired before being able to fire the incumbent. The market is absolutely flooded with guys who would cut a finger off to work at UM.
Stroud wasn't fired. He left on his own accord and said he would stay if a replacement wasn't found so this is a different dynamic than what you are stating. But, yeah, I don't disagree that you don't necessarily have to secure a replacement before you fire an incumbent.

Stroud wasn't fired. He left on his own accord and said he would stay if a replacement wasn't found so this is a different dynamic than what you are stating. But, yeah, I don't disagree that you don't necessarily have to secure a replacement before you fire an incumbent.
A replacement can be found in 2 minutes. And I have no idea what happened with Stroud--whether he was pushed out or left on his own. I don't take what people say as gospel.

Advertisement
Baker was around the facility today for whatever that’s worth.

My understanding is it would be almost a blindside if there was a change at DC but they’re also ready for anything and know manny is on a mission to get it right.

Patke also saw stuff floating around on twitter and had to call manny. So the fake insiders making false assumptions about people’s livelihood and career is getting out of hand.

I was told that anyone quoting anything from the Miami side is guessing because there’s only 2 people that know of what is going on. Most of the Staff really doesn’t even know.

Kind of embarrassing to CIS that one is also involved around here. Bad look imo.

I had been skeptical of Miami and the ability to line up more than 1 big time assistant for our 3 openings. Knew there would be a TRob like hire but how the other 2 shake out would be iffy. I now think the DL coach will be high profile and then the 3rd assistant I would expect Telly or DVD to get some kind of role where they can be an ace recruiter on the trail. Not bad. But replacing the DC should have been priority #1 in my eyes and nothing else really solves anything.

Sounds like Manny saw the issue being recruiting and personnel and less on scheme although they will make tweaks if Blake stays.

Advertisement
A replacement can be found in 2 minutes. And I have no idea what happened with Stroud--whether he was pushed out or left on his own. I don't take what people say as gospel.
Yep, even people on CIS. But he certainly has been dealing with health issues and it's not like COVID will be going away even with the vaccines. Makes sense he would step back a bit.

Baker was around the facility today for whatever that’s worth.

My understanding is it would be almost a blindside if there was a change at DC but they’re also ready for anything and know manny is on a mission to get it right.

Patke also saw stuff floating around on twitter and had to call manny. So the fake insiders making false assumptions about people’s livelihood and career is getting out of hand.

I was told that anyone quoting anything from the Miami side is guessing because there’s only 2 people that know of what is going on. Most of the Staff really doesn’t even know.

Kind of embarrassing to CIS that one is also involved around here. Bad look imo.

I had been skeptical of Miami and the ability to line up more than 1 big time assistant for our 3 openings. Knew there would be a TRob like hire but how the other 2 shake out would be iffy. I now think the DL coach will be high profile and then the 3rd assistant I would expect Telly or DVD to get some kind of role where they can be an ace recruiter on the trail. Not bad. But replacing the DC should have been priority #1 in my eyes and nothing else really solves anything.

Sounds like Manny saw the issue being recruiting and personnel and less on scheme although they will make tweaks if Blake stays.
So if his own people don't know whats going on, including one of them going to the lengths of actually calling about rumors it seems like a case of if he can get the right guys major changes will be made. The job statuses for defensive staff members are still in question.

Ferman is saying Rumph will be one of the analysts on defense unless something else comes through via his agent.

they are also saying DVD is the "cornerbacks coach" working under TRob. Pretty much what was said on here - like an assistant coach.

I wonder where the "strikers " will fall

Advertisement
So if his own people don't know whats going on, including one of them going to the lengths of actually calling about rumors it seems like a case of if he can get the right guys major changes will be made. The job statuses for defensive staff members are still in question.
they had post season meetings last Monday and all knew where they stood so nothing should be a shocker to them unless Manny told them they’re good and then goes behind their back.

This;

If Patke & Baker stays, TRob is the lipstick on the pig & Rumph the sacrificial lamb.

That means, Banda wasn’t replaced; he left due to wanting to be his own man, & possibly having conflict w/ both Reed & not getting the “co” respect.

Stroud left on his own volition & still “may” come back if we can’t find anyone.

I need to see a complete overhaul, and no offense, hiring Simpson is a proverbial beta move. Hiring a coach who has no other options that was once under ur staff?? Naw, miss me w/ that.

I need to see power moves. I need to see a new DC, and a new DL coach w/ pedigree. T Rob is a start, but it’s just that......a start.
Showtime Thank You GIF by Desus & Mero

Season ended a few weeks ago. Diaz has to know whether he's keeping the DC or not by now. Seeing as a number of transfers might be very interested in knowing who the DC will be before making a decision, I assume Diaz would have clearly stated that Baker will be DC if that was the plan. I'm sure Diaz knows of all the speculation swirling around the DC, the fact that he hasn't made a point to say Baker will be returning as DC suggests there is still light at the end of the tunnel.

Advertisement
Back