is this a violation ?

And that would be a violation... Lebron has nothing to do with osu officially. He didnt go there and neither did either of his parents. Hes simply an independent fan. Thats not TECHNICALLY illegal. The scenario you described would be a former university of miami football player and long time donor. Big difference.
Ok, question. I'm not a UM alumni nor am I technically a booster. (I guess I'm a Hurricane Club member because I have season tickets) Wouldn't it still be an NCAA violation if I just gave some stuff to UM players for nothing?

Advertisement
Ok, question. I'm not a UM alumni nor am I technically a booster. (I guess I'm a Hurricane Club member because I have season tickets) Wouldn't it still be an NCAA violation if I just gave some stuff to UM players for nothing?

You are a booster. Technically, and any other way you want to look at it, you’re a booster.

The answer to your question is yes.

doubt anything ever becomes of it but it was funny about how easy Carter put this out there.

can you imagine if one of our alumni say Michael Irvin had been on a national Radio show and said he's been sending gear to Miami.

The NCAA would have had an investigation started before the radio show was over..
Well, OSU is a Nike school..lebron brand is under nikes umbrella..so even if the gear is “Lebron” ..it’s all nike.

as far as the Irvin or UM correlation..if we had a bball or football alum who was active and was as big in adidas along as Lebron is with nike, that alum would be able to do the same..same with Jordan at UNC

Advertisement
LSU stole from a children's hospital and proceeded to make monetary transactions with boosters on live TV in front of the entire world and literally nothing happened. You think the NCAA cares if Lebron gave Binjimen Victor some headphones?
And here it is folks, the truth when you are one of the big dogs.

who cares family guy GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nike gear is absolute trash.

Who fūcking cares?
Preach....

ADIDAS could make the EXACT SAME JERSEY AS NIKE and people would STILL complain and beg for Nike.

People are on Nikes nuts sooo bad it's sickening.

Nike didn't give a **** about Miami before we joined the Adidas team.

Yet these fools still beg for Nike.

Nike quality and look is no better than Adidas.

Nike could copy Adidas and these Mf would say the equipment looks better with Nike.

Dudes are brainwashed af.

It's annoying.

This is coming from me, a guy who has about 12 pair of Jordan's and 30 pair of Nike shoes in his closet right now.

Yes. It would be a violation by the players for accepting gifts. If i read it correctly though it was saying lebron was either gifting gear directly to the school(which isnt a violation) or directly to recruits (which is a slippery slope but technically not illegal because hes not legally affiliated with either party.

And that would be a violation... Lebron has nothing to do with osu officially. He didnt go there and neither did either of his parents. Hes simply an independent fan. Thats not TECHNICALLY illegal. The scenario you described would be a former university of miami football player and long time donor. Big difference.
Yes. It would be a violation by the players for accepting gifts. If i read it correctly though it was saying lebron was either gifting gear directly to the school(which isnt a violation) or directly to recruits (which is a slippery slope but technically not illegal because hes not legally affiliated with either party.
Carter just said he was sending gear to the players…now directly or indirectly he didn’t say..

Advertisement
Well, OSU is a Nike school..lebron brand is under nikes umbrella..so even if the gear is “Lebron” ..it’s all nike.

as far as the Irvin or UM correlation..if we had a bball or football alum who was active and was as big in adidas along as Lebron is with nike, that alum would be able to do the same..same with Jordan at UNC

That part.

Carter just said he was sending gear to the players…now directly or indirectly he didn’t say..
I havent heard what chris said. This story is relatively old news though. I was saying what i heard. But strictly off of what chris said that could potentially be a violation. Doubt it ever gets investigated though. Stuff like this easily passes through the cracks when you have a compliance guy that isnt out to get you. Our head of compliance is a ****** gator. Realistically you think theyll let **** slide.

Advertisement
Back