Is this a fair inference?

He'd have to be beyond nuts to step into that situation.

This is my thinking as well.

Who knows how deep the rabbit hole goes at this point? More victims, law suits, more people who potentially knew and did nothing, and an constant stream of bad press and negative recruiting.

The NCAA has stepped in, and they're on a witch hunt, IMO. They want to find something.

I think there's a certain point where the job you have is better than your "dream" job. With PSU in flux, I think that's the case right now.

I agree with this last statement, which is why it concerns me even more that he refuses to answer the question directly. If this was one of our rivals in this type of situation, and their coach was acting like Golden, we'd be calling them fools if they were saying anything other than they believed that he was seriously thinking about bolting.

Advertisement
Marvin Demoff (lawyer) - The Browns weren't a serious consideration until UM failed to finalize a five-year contract extension that had been in negotiations since November.
Corch - "I'm thrilled with the opportunity I have in Cleveland,but if Miami had gotten the extension done in November, I'd still be the coach at Miami."
-Corch agrees in principle to a five-year, $15.7 million contract with the Browns, leaving Miami nine days before recruits could sign letters of intent.
-Corch had three years left on a seven-year, $5.9 million contract with Miami.

Is this true???

If AG were really thinking of taking the PSU job, he would not be taking new commitments right now. And certainly not head scratchers. Would be a **** move with a few days to the end of the season at which point he would firm up PSU if that were his interest. I think ag's a solid individual and wouldn't do that. IMO he's looking for a new contract, pure and simple.

I don't think it's fair. I think it's mostly looking at things with a slight O&G tint. The PSU mess is still being played out, so I think he's doing what has been talked about with regards to him before; he's hunkered down and in the moment. Unlike most, I don't think he's a done deal to PSU immediately after the season ends. Quite frankly, I think the PSU situation plays out a bit longer than that and we're still wondering for a couple more months. So from that perspective, Golden keeps hammering away where he's at. The man has a plan, and we know that he's calculated. I just don't think he's going to make a move on PSU quickly.

With regards to committments, the man seems to be EXTREMELY confident in his abilities. I could easily see him 1) thinking that he's actually leaving the new coach in a good position or 2) taking some of the guys with him to PSU if it's before NSD (just like with Olsen-Pierre).

Bottom line is IMO, I think we need to be really concerned with this situation. He doesn't need to be this non-committal publicly because of a new contract. And if you want to make the argument that he's a solid individual and wouldn't ***** us over, the fact that he won't come out and say that he's not going to leave should make you even more nervous. Seems like he's making sure that if he does bolt he can't be labeled as a liar.

I get your response, and it's logical. My view was that IF he takes the PSU job, he'll do it quickly after the BC game. On that assumption, I don't think he'd be taking commitments from random kids the week prior. But if it's a slower time-table, I could agree with your view. I think it would be quick because it's a mess up ere and he'd want as much time as possible to deal with recruiting, transfers and the like. And because he would probably want to give the U as much time as possible to find a replacement. I do not believe AG is an ******* or a scumbag, and he knows bailing after a year is unusual and awkward.

Anyhow, I hope he's in contract renegotiation mode.

If AG were really thinking of taking the PSU job, he would not be taking new commitments right now. And certainly not head scratchers. Would be a **** move with a few days to the end of the season at which point he would firm up PSU if that were his interest. I think ag's a solid individual and wouldn't do that. IMO he's looking for a new contract, pure and simple.

I don't think it's fair. I think it's mostly looking at things with a slight O&G tint. The PSU mess is still being played out, so I think he's doing what has been talked about with regards to him before; he's hunkered down and in the moment. Unlike most, I don't think he's a done deal to PSU immediately after the season ends. Quite frankly, I think the PSU situation plays out a bit longer than that and we're still wondering for a couple more months. So from that perspective, Golden keeps hammering away where he's at. The man has a plan, and we know that he's calculated. I just don't think he's going to make a move on PSU quickly.

With regards to committments, the man seems to be EXTREMELY confident in his abilities. I could easily see him 1) thinking that he's actually leaving the new coach in a good position or 2) taking some of the guys with him to PSU if it's before NSD (just like with Olsen-Pierre).

Bottom line is IMO, I think we need to be really concerned with this situation. He doesn't need to be this non-committal publicly because of a new contract. And if you want to make the argument that he's a solid individual and wouldn't ***** us over, the fact that he won't come out and say that he's not going to leave should make you even more nervous. Seems like he's making sure that if he does bolt he can't be labeled as a liar.

I get your response, and it's logical. My view was that IF he takes the PSU job, he'll do it quickly after the BC game. On that assumption, I don't think he'd be taking commitments from random kids the week prior. But if it's a slower time-table, I could agree with your view. I think it would be quick because it's a mess up ere and he'd want as much time as possible to deal with recruiting, transfers and the like. And because he would probably want to give the U as much time as possible to find a replacement. I do not believe AG is an ******* or a scumbag, and he knows bailing after a year is unusual and awkward.

Anyhow, I hope he's in contract renegotiation mode.

If he leaves I hope he never wins another game

I do not think he is going anywhere, but if he bolts he pretty much would have gone against everything he claims to stand for

Advertisement
Back