Is there really a chance of Butch coming back? Let's be real

canefan2000

Recruit
I want Butch to be our next coach. I think he can turn it around. A lot of us probably feel the same way, but do the BOT? The answer is no as of now I'm guessing. Is there really a chance of Butch coming back? Who knows, only time will tell. The only thing we can do now is let it known we want Butch to lead us back. Make it heard!

Advertisement
Yes, there is a chance! If Butch gets the interview, I think it's his job to lose. UM will just make sure that he is squeaky clean when it comes to the NCAA/UNC investigation/scandal. If he is clean, then he will be a highly valued candidate.

I would honestly give it a less than 5% chance. They may give him a look just to appease the fan base and all the support he has but his baggage will prove too much. Hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it.

I think if Butch gets an interview it's a done deal.....The question is if he'll get an interview....Nobody knows that answer at the moment....

Butch wasn't on the "A" list the first time around back in the mid-90s....

We'll see what happens....

Yes, there is a chance! If Butch gets the interview, I think it's his job to lose. UM will just make sure that he is squeaky clean when it comes to the NCAA/UNC investigation/scandal. If he is clean, then he will be a highly valued candidate.

Advertisement
he will keep kehoe and swasey

Fire ICE, coley, Dorito keep Beard if it means recruits maybe Scott too

run pro style not this coley spread crap we run

with all that being said

NO he will not be our next coach, no one else wants Butch due to his baggage with UNC.

Remember the banners said to hire Butch, I am sure the BOT will not look at that as being a positive endorsement

sadly Mario is way out in front on this...my guess he get announced while bama is playing in the SEC championship game...

What LatinCane and Jkaz1 said... If he gets a foot in the door I think it'll be hard to say no. He's got so much passion and vision for the program. Whether he gets in the interview is a different story

I don't think he'd keep Kehoe. There was a rumor years ago that he wanted to fire Kehoe when he was on staff when he was the HC here.

He also didn't bring Kehoe on board at UNC and I believe Kehoe was available at the time...

I think Davis would bring all new coaches on board. He doesn't seem like the sort of coach who keeps leftovers....I'm not aware of him doing it before....

with all that being said

NO he will not be our next coach, no one else wants Butch due to his baggage with UNC.

Remember the banners said to hire Butch, I am sure the BOT will not look at that as being a positive endorsement

sadly Mario is way out in front on this...my guess he get announced while bama is playing in the SEC championship game...

Advertisement
If there is no ncaa secret black book on him, then he has good chance. The BOT does not want to hire him, but at them moment we have their attention. They don't like it but they have to beware of air power, social media, former players and the growing press pressure to fix THE U. We must keep up the pressure on all fronts. The ncaa is just an excuse for them. The real problem has been and remains that they prefer the crap we have become. They do not want football to become the image of THE U again. They know if they hire Butch it is a done deal. He WILL return the program to the top. His recruiting last time will be nothing to what he can do this time. Every HS player in the country knows what Butch Davis recruits become: rich 1st round picks. Without the sanctions he had in 90's he could well terrorize college football recruiting. If nothing else, the SEC, OSU, FSU, Clemson budgets for bag men will start looking like the Federal entitlement budgets. Butch at THE U raises the cost of border crossing into the State of Miami.

The people that are saying Butch will be the next coach is mostly hope (I want him as coach by the way) but in reality Miami will probably not hire Butch, I'm willing to bet it will be Crystobol, Herman, Feute, or Chud.

with all that being said

God I hope you are wrong on all of this.

The people that are saying Butch will be the next coach is mostly hope (I want him as coach by the way) but in reality Miami will probably not hire Butch, I'm willing to bet it will be Crystobol, Herman, Feute, or Chud.

Feute.

Advertisement

with all that being said

God I hope you are wrong on all of this.

Me too.....im not BBB fan ( too many reasons) but I would take BD over Mario in a heart beat

Advertisement
Of course there is a chance, especially if he interviews, like others have said.

Just a week ago, there was "no chance" that Golden was fired mid-season and for us to be in this wonderful position. Remember?

Most of the posters who are confidently saying "no" are expressing their own desires and not necessarily reality.

with all that being said

what the fck did you say Mario is way out in front? Are we trying to win?

with all that being said

stop-saying-that-o.gif

Advertisement
Back