Is there anyone ....

RedSquare

Freshman
On this team whose batting average is higher than their weight??

Jesus H Christ .... i know it’s only February, but this team is no.1 in the country, the same way my ******* stays dry in the desert

Advertisement
C9D15FFB-4C32-434B-B416-5AA382EC258E.jpeg

Considering there isn't a person to ever live that weighed less than 1.000 pounds, it's pretty darn likely that everyone who's ever played baseball has a weight higher than their batting average.

But let's not allow crazy things like how numbers work when you're trying to find something to gripe about your #1 ranked team.

Last edited:
ESPN has us ranked 21. That ranking is fair. #1? GTFOH with our little mistakes we make every game

But let's not allow crazy things like how numbers work when you're trying to find something to gripe about your #1 ranked team.

Superfan alert. No one needs to "try" to find something to gripe about with this program. But then again, we did win a championship 20 years ago, therefore we are an elite program.

Advertisement
The beauty of baseball is the fundamentals of the game. If you focus on those you can have a great chance of winning a championship. When you deviate and try to reinvent the game then you have problems.

If this staff preached and focused on the little things we'd return to the days of appearing in the CWS every year

A lot of this stuff is innate, base running, moving runners, taking good angles just to name a few. Basically recruiting "Ball Players".

Advertisement
This team looks fat and slow.

we used to have the 9 fastest guys on the field.

defense covered ground and everyone on offense was a threat to steal.

now we field balls only when they hit right to us.

and 3/4 of the lineup is an easy out, can’t move guys over, and looks like they run to first with a piano on their back.

and our pitchers can’t throw strikes or get guys out.

depressing and dumbfounding

it doesn’t have to be this way

Last edited:
More of the same **** over and over again but with better recruiting. We couldn’t develop a consistent hitter even if his name was 280 with 15 dingers.

This team looks fat and slow.

we used to have the 9 fastest guys on the field.

defense covered ground and everyone on offense was a threat to steal.

now we field balls only when they hit right to us.

and 3/4 of the lineup is an easy out, can’t move guys over, and looks like they run to first with a piano on their back.

and our pitchers can’t throw strikes or get giys out.

depressing and dumbfounding

it doesn’t have to be this way

it makes no sense. if these players are top 15 talent, they wouldn’t individually be playing as poorly as they do. And if the team was really one of the top 15 in the country, they wouldn’t be as mediocre as a unit as they are.

I’ll go back to what i said in the post above ...

what we are seeing from gino’s tenure is the exact opposite of what he learned from fraser, and from morris (when jim was actually paying attention the first 10-12 years he was coaching UM). Gino needs to wake up and smell the ****. Because right now, we’re all getting a pretty big whiff.

Advertisement
Like I've said for a few years now in football and baseball.....south Florida produces showcase talent, while other parts of the country develop players who succeed in a game environment even without the measurables that get our kids ranked so high.

Like I've said for a few years now in football and baseball.....south Florida produces showcase talent, while other parts of the country develop players who succeed in a game environment even without the measurables that get our kids ranked so high.

so, at the end of the day, it gets back to evaluation.

so, at the end of the day, it gets back to evaluation.

Yes, and I think our staff is content driving over to Ft. Myers or Jupiter for Perfect Game events while trusting the local travel ball coaches who run the higher level programs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back