Is our O being setup for N'Kosi Perry already?

MizCane

Senior
We are basically running the system he is currently running in HS. Go watch his highlights and you can see how much more effective this sytem is with a guy who can pull and run it himself. Its obvious this isnt the best system for Kaaya.

This kid is scary good and what we have really never had for a QB in Miami history. He is what you want as a college QB.

Future is looking bright if he can be groomed to play early!

Advertisement
I don't think Perry will be ready in year 1. He does look good but I dont expect a Lamar Jackson type who comes in ready to dominate in year 1. If Kaaya leaves I think the kids currently on the roster will get the first shot.

Yes, I'm sure CMR is throwing away this season and costing Kaaya millions of dollars so he can set the offense up for a high school kid to take over next year.

You have to admit it's pretty funny that the thread immediately below this one is "The Coronation of N'Kosi Perry" lol.

Advertisement
That would be the biggest indictment ever against Rick as an OC--installing an offense for a QB who is in HS.

That would be the biggest indictment ever against Rick as an OC--installing an offense for a QB who is in HS.

This. Would love to have an answer as to why they can't move the **** ball, but this conclusion would raise even more red flags.

Advertisement

Bingo. No self respecting coach would throw away a year or two just to "build" a system to fit a HS kid that may or may not play lights out.

I don't think Perry will be ready in year 1. He does look good but I dont expect a Lamar Jackson type who comes in ready to dominate in year 1. If Kaaya leaves I think the kids currently on the roster will get the first shot.

Lamar Jackson wasn't the starter in year 1, if I recall. This is his 2nd year in Louisville's system. So even more to your point, it's gonna take time.

Advertisement
No, it's actually for little Jimmy Simpson, he's a 4th grader tearing it up for Richmond Heights. Kid is the goods, still has some work to do in the classroom though

We have yet to identify an offense. We've played just about everything under the sun minus some option stuff. What we've found out is that basically little of it is working with thisbOL, RB's, QB, etc.

So the answer is no. Having said that, Perry would run it better in time if not today. I'm not saying he's ready today at all, but he has intangibles that BK doesn't.

Lamar Jackson wasn't the starter in year 1, if I recall. This is his 2nd year in Louisville's system. So even more to your point, it's gonna take time.

He was officially named the starter in Louisville's 2nd game but took a bunch of snaps in their 1st game- 106 yds rushing and 20 pass attempts...

Advertisement
Maybe Richt is recruiting Perry bc Perry fits in Richts offense and not the other way around

You guys wanted a recruiter who would pull out all the stops. Richt is changing his offense 2 years early so he can convince a HS kid that he's important to the team. Pure savagery.

Advertisement
Back