Is Miami trying to build a pipeline into California?

Toys

Recruit
I feel like more and more often we are hearing about recruits from California getting attention from the Canes.

Advertisement
I feel like more and more often we are hearing about recruits from California getting attention from the Canes.

We have been trying to get Cali kids for years, that's why Brennan Carroll was hired. It definitely wasn't for his coaching ability.

Not a bad idea. It doesn't seem like the $EC has made great inroads there and I think location-wise that we're probably more attractive for a myriad of reasons to a Cali kid looking to go out of state.

Advertisement
I live in Cali and used to live in LA....when I was in high school, UM would only come out to those who were super special...but figured that they would lose to USC or UCLA 9/10, which was normally the case. I've always said if UM would take care of So. Fla first, and then cherry pick the special talents of Cali, they would be unstoppable. I really hope Miami makes a real efforts in building a pipe line in Cali, especially So. Cal...it's flooded w/ elite talent down that way too.

it's logical that they would poke their heads around Cali for certain players...when your true freshman all american QB has made what appears a seamless transition to Miami from Cali, it will peak certain players interests. gotta try to build it now while you have a chance with Kaaya being the face of the team for the next couple years

IMO if you can get in these states:

Florida
California
Texas
Louisiana
Georgia
New Jersey

and get recruits you are headed in the right direction. Cali is a huge state but it seems like UCLA, USC ,Stanford, Oregon ,Washington, Washington State. is all over that place. so its hard for a team across the nation to come in and pluck kids out from there. heck Bama cant even get kids to come from there( i understand bama is a dump). but i like the fact they are trying really hard.

Advertisement
Don't think Miami is necessarily working to create an all-out pipeline into California. I think they are just capitalizing on the relationships that have blossomed from the successful recruitment of other players in areas of the state.

They can also "play the game" out there in the same way USC/UCLA can "play the game" in SoFLA.. meaning they can offer kids left and right without having to worry about ****ing off the local communities if they fall off of kids down the stretch. You offer everybody, and then the kids that keep reciprocating interest as time ticks on are the ones you pursue.

I'm happy we are looking in LA, as long as we stay concentrated to one area, LA. It just would be a waste if we recruited the entire state. LA is where the elite talent in CA is, Just like SoFl.
Obviously Florida guys are priority #1. Georgia, Texas, Louisiana and Los Angeles should be #2.

We have gotten some very important players out there, including one of our Heismans. Now we might have our third from out there. So I hope we are build a pipeline.

We have gotten some very important players out there, including one of our Heismans. Now we might have our third from out there. So I hope we are build a pipeline.

Torretta!

We've always plucked some out every now and then from Cali and they turn out pretty well. I really thought Telemaque was gonna be much better than he was during his time here, early flashes but flamed out.

I think Kaaya and Milo will be studs for us. Kaaya showing it early, and Milo looks like a hardworking kid especially in the weight room, lean offensive lineman. I know we offered their teammate 2016 WR Dymond Lee. I just don't know how serious staff would pursue him though cause of the surplus that is 2016 WRs in Florida and if he would even leave Cali. But Kaaya and Milo here has to help for sure and especially Brads early success, I'm sure Brad will push for him just as he did for Milo.

Here's a ridiculous TD catch by Dymond Lee earlier this year. Both of his older brothers played on that team too. Has an athletic bloodline.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1631516/highlights/168188375

We were also Lee's first offer.

Advertisement
Like others stated it makes sense to capitalize on relationships created in California but not much a pipeline quit yet until its consistently happening

Advertisement
Try NY/NJ already around 18
Scholarships wasted there already, we should only need to recruit Florida, GA, and Texas to be the best.

I would agree with the need to recruit Cali But I have been screaming for years for Miami to make build a solid foundation in the baltimore DC area. Bobby bowden, jimbo fisher, and Urban meyer was nationla championship with the top talent in the area. I played highschool ball there trust me no one that is top caliber talent wants to step foot in college park... Unless they are forced too (see stefon diggs)... the private school in DC are loaded just ask eddie goldman or maybe tavon austin from baltimore. Matter of fact ask Nick Saban about the kuadnjo brothers... Its real simple on the ride of to NJ stop in DC and Baltimore.... Make more of an effort..

Advertisement
Back