is miami really improving?

zellerdog

All-American
from 2011 - 2013 miami had 15 losses

this puts them in a rough grouping with the following power 5 teams:

Virginia Tech, Missouri, Texas (14 losses)
Rutgers, Vanderbilt, Miami (15 losses)
UCLA, Arizona State, Auburn, Washington. Florida, North Carolina, TCU (16 losses)

in that grouping, miami is tied for 4th out of 13 teams that have similar 2011-2014 records

if you rank that same group of teams in 2014 on season to date, miami drop to 6th out of 13:

TCU (1 loss)
Missouri, UCLA, Arizona State (2 losses)
Auburn (3 losses)
Rutgers, Miami, Florida (4 losses)
Texas, Virginia Tech, Washington, North Carolina (5 losses)
Vanderbilt (7 losses)

i think most people who think miami is improving are using the "eye test" instead of statistical results. this year miami is losing ground (maybe you could make a case of staying the same) to the herd of teams who are all struggling to get into the 1-2 loss group that keeps you in contention for conference titles/BCS bowls/playoffs.

i think TCU, UCLA, and Arizona State could all make a pretty good case they have improved. Virginia Tech, Texas are worse.

Washignton, North Carolina have not improved.

Rutgers, Miami, and Florida seem pretty stagnant in their position.

Advertisement
Every year (9) that Folden has been a HC he's had at least 4 losses! Please let that sink in. At LEAST 4 losses after almost a decade of coaching! Even as a DC at UV his teams lost at least 4 games every season.

NEWSFLASH*** Folden is not a good football coach!

It's amazing it takes token a die hard gator and a OSU fan to tell us reality. I commend you seller great post but ur talking to walls in here bruh.

Advertisement
Why use cold, hard numbers when you can use emotion and prejudice towards the white guy who talks well?

Great work. Facts, statistics and records make Folden Slurpers literally convulse and foam at the mouth.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back