Is Mark Richt botching Miami’s QB situation?

sitzee

Freshman
https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/10/18/17994934/nkosi-perry-malik-rosier-miami-qb

Interesting article. Not the first time Richt has had a QB controversy. At UGa in 2015 he had UVa transfer Grayson Lambert start the first 7 (5-2) games, and they fell out of the Top 25. Their next game against #11 UF he pulls Lambert in favor of 3rd String QB Faton Bauta who had only thrown 5 passes in his career up until this game.
Well the rest is history, even though UGa went on to finish the season 10-3 Richt was fired

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I wonder if Williams plays a role in this. We know what Rosier is. The fact that Perry can’t beat him out and Richt doesn’t trust him suggests something is wrong. I think that Richt is convinced Perry isn’t the answer and is either waiting on Williams to come along a little more or til we’re later on in the year since a freshman can play in four games without sacrificing a year of eligibility.

Faton Bauta ... that name will be more familiar to cane fans as we move to next season...

Richt and his stubborn, "go with my feel" approach will destroy this team eventually...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Rick was right to pull Perry. Perry couldn't have been more destructive if he literally handed the ball to a defensive lineman (at least that way the Canes might avoid a pick 6).

Rick's biggest botch job is yet to come. He obviously has no faith in Perry (in Rick's defense, one would have reasonably hoped Perry would have taken the job more seriously). So it's almost a given Williams wil be the starter next year. Rosier graduates, Perry and Weldon will request transfers. Indications are Rick isn't recruiting another QB after missing on the Oregon kid. Unless a qb falls into Rick's lap like Williams (he wasn't offered until the 11th hour) we might go into next season with 1 qb. If Williams gets hurt, season is over.

The whole premise of the article is botched. Both qbs have had bad stretches so it's not like he is favoring one qb's bad stretch over the other. It's about turning it over. Rosier has had horrible stretches where he can't hit the broad side of a barn. But Richt will live with it if he is not throwing interceptions. That is the key stat. Perry has turned it over more with less starts (and passing attempts) than Rosier. He's benched. Simple as that.

Y'all kill me. Richt is only partially worried about N'Kosi's development. He's trying to win now, and win the ACC... Regardless on who I think is better, I appreciate that Mark and mail the season in like half the fans on here. We still have a lot to play for. Same ones crying about "give N'Kosi experience for next year" are the ones that's gonna be ****ed if we just say **** Rosie and end up 8-4 instead of 10-2.

I'd rather finish the year off with Rosie anyways so that way there is no returning starter. Meaning Richt won't have to "make a hard decision" if Jarren is outshining N'Kosi come spring.

Advertisement
Faton Bauta ... that name be more familiar to cane fans as we move to next season...

Richt and his stubborn, "go with my feel" approach will destroy this team eventually...

How often have we heard that? I don't wanna hear about his "feel", I don't want to hear about how he eats a sandwich or how he eat his Thanksgiving dinner. I don't care about any of that anymore. I was willing to give him 5 years, but what we are seeing is us continually taking steps backwards, and absolutely NO COACHING during the game when things are becoming out of hand. We see panic, a lack of confidence mixed in w/ stubbornness. We see erratic coaching moves, and a locker room that appears to be fractured.

His clock has sped up, and if Miami's admins had any balls, they would tell him we are paying you more than you've ever made at UGA, we've given you what you wanted and held our end of the bargain, now it's on you and the clock is ticking. THAT'S how you address a coach who's in cruise control.

Advertisement
Y'all kill me. Richt is only partially worried about N'Kosi's development. He's trying to win now, and win the ACC... Regardless on who I think is better, I appreciate that Mark and mail the season in like half the fans on here. We still have a lot to play for. Same ones crying about "give N'Kosi experience for next year" are the ones that's gonna be ****ed if we just say **** Rosie and end up 8-4 instead of 10-2.

I'd rather finish the year off with Rosie anyways so that way there is no returning starter. Meaning Richt won't have to "make a hard decision" if Jarren is outshining N'Kosi come spring.

To many people posting with emotions and not reality, the same coach richt they criticizing is the same coach who's responsible for restoring the winning expectations around again. If the last moron regime was here and were the coaches for that schedule we had last year, alot of these same posters criticizing coach richt would not even have expected to win many of those games, now all of a sudden they expecting this team to be national champions, lol. This roster is being built and with time coach richt will have all the talent needed to get it done, but when you got people acting as if Jahir jones, mayhone and st. Louis are are all acc o-linemen, donaldson was out of place, gauthier being the most consistent, how far can we go with that type of weak o-line.

We already playing national championship defensive football, the offense will be a work in progress as i can tell you very well know!

yes-************.jpg

Advertisement
Back