Is Mario failing more-so than the other first year coaches?

TpaBayFlyFisher

World Class Angler
Premium
Serious question. There were several new head coaches hired for this season. Have any of them done as poorly as Mario? Gators, USC, LSU, OU, O, SMU, all have improved tremendously. Educate me if I am wrong.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He ain‘t going anywhere.

It’s okay to criticize and much of it is deserved; however, we ride or die with mario for the next couple of years. Not a **** thing we can do about it. Pray he lands the right coordinators to overcome his mediocre (at best) game day coaching and adjustments.

Last edited:
Serious question. There were several new head coaches hired for this season. Have any of them done as poorly as Mario? Gators, USC, LSU, OU, O, SMU, all have improved tremendously. Educate me if I am wrong.
Are you ******* serious?! :ibis-roflmao-sm3:

We just got blown out at home after getting blown out at home to duke AND MTSU.. Fans as goofy as the corches..

Stating the obvious but whatever he is doing is not working and not resonating with the players. He would be smart to let Gattis go now and let someone else run the offense for the last 3 games. Gattis and this sh***y offense has killed player AND fam morale.

Advertisement
We have given every coach 3 years. I wasn’t expecting a CFP team. The injuries have killed any chance of a good season and Gattis’ O helped add injuries as he has every QB getting hit. Mario gets more years to get it right. If he is 500 in year 3, it is clear he isn’t the guy. We only need to look across the field tonight. 4 losing seasons and he may finally have FSU able to win 10 games in a season.

The lack of situational awareness with zero feel
for the game is a glaring weakness for this staff. It’s so bad and I’m shocked that these coaches can demand the kind of money they’re getting for this.

Advertisement
I would love for the data gurus on here to check this for me but I don’t believe you can find this bad of a start to a regime at any national championship winning P5 football program:

*** whooping @home to Middle Tenn State

*** whopping @home to Duke.. in football

*** whopping @home to your biggest rival FSU

0 TD’s in 8 quarters

Averaging 14 PPG against P5 opponents

All of that^ with…. A preseason ranking of #15, The #13 blue chip ratio in country, and The reigning ACC rookie of year @QB. Returning with heisman/1st round buzz

This level of incompetence has never been seen before I promise

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back