Is Lykes Coming Back Next Year?

anandris

Recruit
The COVID season grants everyone an extra year of eligibility so it had me wondering. What do you guys think? Obviously he won't make it to the league whether he leaves this year or next year anyways. Does he come back and try to create a special team in 2021? It'll also be the first year players can make money off their Lykeness (see what I did there) which should be an incentive.

Advertisement
L said before the season that he expected all 5 seniors (Olaniyi wasn't eligible at that point) to play professionally somewhere after the season.

I'm sure things can change though.

L said before the season that he expected all 5 seniors (Olaniyi wasn't eligible at that point) to play professionally somewhere after the season.

I'm sure things can change though.
I remember him saying that too but if you go back to Lykes preseason interview he said he just wants to win as many games as possible here and that's what he wants his legacy to be. Lykes will have a long successful career overseas a la Shane Larkin anyways, so why not run it back next year and try to make a deep run in the tourney? He'll still be making some money now coming back anyways. Just my 2 cents

Advertisement
Unlikely and unnecessary. He should move on as he has nothing left to prove or accomplish at Miami.
That goes for him and all of the seniors.
With all due respect

If he can come back make some money and get started or finish a graduate degree at a school like Miami it seems like a pretty intriguing possibility

1. I'd love to have him come back for another year. I don't think he will.
2. I'd certainly rather give him another ship over another guard (e.g. Bev).
3. I fear this will be used for the wrong reasons. I can see Coach L keeping deadweight because he can't fill the roster.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back