Is Lethal Simplicity

QSTOKES

Sophomore
better than what Richt is running? lol I'd probably take silly willies offense now over what I'm seeing lmao

Advertisement
Yes. They are not executing very well, but that should be expected with the group of players he inherited. If it was year 3 for them, it would be a real problem, but it's year 1. Now, I have mocked Taggart and FSU as much as anyone, but I have a really bad feeling that in 2 years they will have left us behind, again, if we don't fix our hot mess of an O.

I think Willies O hasn’t been good because the OL they have suck. Just like our OL which sucks also, the difference is when Willie gets a OL I think FSU will have an exciting high scoring O. If we get a good OL we will look better and more fluid but exciting will not be a term anyone is using

Advertisement
Look no further than the game against us and you tell me who’s offense was more creative. The reality is, he called a double pass that should’ve been a TD. Would’ve been a two score game midway through the 4th.

Take away the Savannah State game and do the math on the offense. MAYBE Rutgers and Louisville are worse. MAYBE.

Advertisement
Taggart has given up play-calling duties for the remainder of the season.

Walt Bell will call plays for the duration of this season. It took 7 games, and Willie realized he wasn't getting it done, and he changed.

I laughed loudly when Taggart was hired, as he had zero business getting the job and I knew they'd be awful, but something can be said about at least changing something when you realize things are off. In year 1, he already changed something. We're in Year 3, and it doesn't look like anything is changing.

Advertisement
Also Taggart is not recruiting poorly, despite the L’s

The part of this iceberg you don't see is that Taggart is still landing his recruiting targets, whereas Richt's are bailing, so when Taggart is inevitably fired, the next guy will have a loaded team while Miami will be lucky to have 2 QBs on the roster. FSU is going to bounce back a **** of a lot faster than Miami. Rick is here for 3 more years, might take the next guy 4 years to start undoing the damage (if that is even possible) so we are looking at almost another decade before we have a realistic shot at being competitive for a NC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back