Is Kaaya really that good?

Kayaa needs a good team around him - I don't think he's a carrying the team type (then again, not a lot are).

What really works against him being that kind of player is his lack of mobility. Lots of the top guys (Luck, et al) are very mobile guys that can make things happen with their feet. Kayaa is Torretta-like slow.

Advertisement
Luck had NOTHING around em' at SU.
While that SU running game was simple, Luck was probably making 5-6 NFL reads & throws a game in that offense.
Luck is Tim Tebow with brains, better throwing motion, & nervous system.
Don't do this to ya'selves...stop it.

Kaaya wasn't the main reason we lost some of those close games. We beat FSU if Berrios can make that tough catch, and if Dobard doesn't fumble. He made some freshman mistakes, sure, but he made some amazing throws as well.

Advertisement
While that SU running game was simple, Luck was probably making 5-6 NFL reads & throws a game in that offense.

notsureifserious.jpg

Luck is 100000000000000x the QB that Teblow is.

I wish you would take your own advice...

Luck redshirt his Freshman yr and I doubt very seriously he was calling his own plays his redshirt Fr yr, once he won the starting job (which would be equivalent to Kayaa's true So season lol.....but it's a good story you're telling.

Advertisement
if you look deep into his play he played like a red shirt Frosh not a true frosh..

he made mistakes some really bad ones at time, but I put some of that on Coley as an OC sure he needed handcuffing but not to the extent where the kid was playing with one arm...

I dont see a slump coming this year. Say what you want but Brad carried this team at times, as much we loved duke, Duke never took over a game and let Brad off the hook Brad had to play hard 4qtrs in just about every ACC game that mattered... those now NFL guys from what I watched never took the pressure of Brad and stepped up..

I see him with solid stats but getting better help this year..

Its a better team period with Clive, Duke and Dorsett gone.. IMO

Will have NFL talent around him this year too. And next year. We still put players in the league. It really depends on the defense. If we give up 35 a game, it won't matter how good he is.

Will have NFL talent around him this year too. And next year. We still put players in the league. It really depends on the defense. If we give up 35 a game, it won't matter how good he is.

the Defnse last year in the FSU game I thought played very well, well enough to win, a dropped ball and playing a two freshman dobbard and Yearby ( both fumbled ) when you have DUKE and Clive.. anyway it is what it is...after FSU this team from a mental standpoint was ******* done ( coaching let that happen) and lack of leadership from Duke and perryman...again why there fights in the locker rooms for sure

If the FSU game was the watershed moment for the team last year, then who threw the game sealing INT into triple coverage?

Who missed a wide open throw to Dorsett down the seam?

What QB did Jalen Ramsey OWN in that game?

And LMAO at Kaaya carried the team at any point last year..................................................stop it.
The kid showed ABSOLUTELY ZERO comeback ability, even Jacory & Morris had comeback victories their freshman seasons.........................................................stop it.

When the game was on the line, the boy NUTTED UP!...............................................stop it.

LMOA Kayaa threw for over 300 yrds and 2 TD's in that game lol. Because he threw a pick, his only pick, on the attempted game winning drive you think he is the type of QB that can't carry a team?? CIS mongoloids are everywhere!

Advertisement
lets just pray he does not follow the time honored traditions of Sophmore slumps

THIS! We all know Kaaya had a really good freshman season and has all the tools needed to be a great qb. It's easy to assume that he will automatically be better than last year given that he has a full year in the offense, spring camp, fall camp, adequate time to learn the playbook etc, but the true test of him (and James Coley) will be their ability to respond now that opposing defensive coordinators have adequate game film on Brad.

Advertisement
No QB looks good flat on his back.....which is where I'm afraid Kaaya will be most of this season. That OL looks like Swiss cheese.
4-8.

Looks like Swiss cheese? I didn't know the season started. I must have missed some games.

Your so stuck in your own mediocrity you automatically assume everyone else is. You said you were "afraid". Time to get some help.

everybody loves Kaaya.

we all know who his mom is. he really is a stand up, bright kid who stays out of trouble and says the right things.

and his stats are good too.

HOWEVER

he did have NFL talent all around on the offense last year. and even with that, he had key head scratching throws (fumble screen pass and overthrows vs fsu)

yes I know freshmen make mistakes, and he got to campus late. but can he really be the QB we need him to be?

can he avoid a sophomore slump?

He is that good, has the all intangibles, but it is too early to crown him.

Elite QBs run NFL style offenses, not a "check with me system" like last year. He hasn't had a chance to show what he can do yet like Luck or Winston did.

I can certainly see a sophomore slump with Coley as OC and an inexperied OL, but that doesn't mean Kayaa isn't good.

Advertisement
Back