Is Julian Gamble Trolling us?

Professor Plum

Band
Banned
"I'm jumping higher than (before the injury)," Gamble said. "It's crazy to think about it because usually when guys come back you don't see that. But now I'm the guy they're throwing all the lobs to and I can do all the crazy, fancy dunks and all that.

This guy couldnt jump over a hamburger a few years ago

Advertisement
Okay, when healthy JG is and was a bum. I didn't want him to get another year. Now he is coming back from serious injury and he claims he can jump higher now, which doesn't say much.

I have no expectations for the guy, so any positive would be unexpected.

"I'm jumping higher than (before the injury)," Gamble said.

87.gif

"I'm jumping higher than (before the injury)," Gamble said. "It's crazy to think about it because usually when guys come back you don't see that. But now I'm the guy they're throwing all the lobs to and I can do all the crazy, fancy dunks and all that.

This guy couldnt jump over a hamburger a few years ago

That's because Reggie would eat the hamburger before Julian had a chance to jump over it

Advertisement
He couldn't jump to save his life prior to the knee injury. Maybe the doc put some bionics in there.

He couldn't jump to save his life prior to the knee injury. Maybe the doc put some bionics in there.

I have ZERO expectations for the guy. So if he gets a rebound, he exceeds those expectations.

The kid was flat out terrible when healthy, so I don't understand why a knee injury (serious) would make him better unless the knee injury caused his bad play.

Advertisement

I have ZERO expectations for the guy. So if he gets a rebound, he exceeds those expectations.

The kid was flat out terrible when healthy, so I don't understand why a knee injury (serious) would make him better unless the knee injury caused his bad play.

if Coach L could turn Dequan Jones into an NBA player, maybe he can turn Gamble into a serviceable ACC big.

He's good depth

Agree. He is a slightly lesser version of Jimmy Graham.

Don't insult Jimmy Graham like that.

Gamble is a slightly lesser version of a 7ft blind man who weighs 600 lbs and is missing both arms.

Jimmy Graham was not that good. Plain and simple. The same things people say about Gamble are the same things people said about Graham. Graham was just a good blocker and would muscle for rebounds. Gamble is just a hustle player so hopefully he fills in the same role.

Advertisement
He's good depth

Agree. He is a slightly lesser version of Jimmy Graham.

Don't insult Jimmy Graham like that.

Gamble is a slightly lesser version of a 7ft blind man who weighs 600 lbs and is missing both arms.

Jimmy Graham was not that good. Plain and simple. The same things people say about Gamble are the same things people said about Graham. Graham was just a good blocker and would muscle for rebounds. Gamble is just a hustle player so hopefully he fills in the same role.

Nobody ever questioned Jimmy's athleticism (except you apparently). That makes him 180 degrees different from Gamble.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back