Is JT4 still enrolled at Miami

I'm assuming they didn't let him continue classes at UM. Have to wonder why he was there. Did he pay for his place ticket back or is he trying to get back on the team? who knows. Just interesting that they would even want him around

Don’t think the university can do that. I’m sure he’s paid up throw this semester (room and board). Maybe this is the big news from Cooney???

Advertisement
I think he was a big part of the mid season collapse. Just speculating* but we beat two teams after he left that were better then at least two of the teams we lost to. If I’m right He was a locker room cancer that affected a lot of young players such as Williams, Pope, and Ezzard all of whom indicated they wanted to transfer at one time or other. They’re not going to let him come back.

Advertisement
Jesus christ. This so perfectly represents the problem with so many of the current youth generation. College coaches don't have to EARN sh-t from their players insofar as them treating their coaches with respect. Those two are not on equal footing. You don't have to like your coaches, but they are your SUPERIORS in that environment, they outrank you. Period. The idea that a coach has to "earn" the respect of 18 year old college kids before they treat the staff with respect is ******* asinine! My god, WTF are we even talking about here?!?

Nah that’s the problem with rank and titles; coaches are just managers, they were appointed to a position by one person or a few people - they were not elected by coworkers or players or fans. So yeah, coaches need to prove themselves in their current role just like anyone else.
The respect I give is earned, not some misappropriation based on titles. You cross the line then it’s on, I dgaf what your badge says or what your title is. “Respect me because I’m a coach,” - don’t try that **** in the Beans my nickel.

Nah that’s the problem with rank and titles; coaches are just managers, they were appointed to a position by one person or a few people - they were not elected by coworkers or players or fans. So yeah, coaches need to prove themselves in their current role just like anyone else.
The respect I give is earned, not some misappropriation based on titles. You cross the line then it’s on, I dgaf what your badge says or what your title is. “Respect me because I’m a coach,” - don’t try that **** in the Beans my nickel.
LOL you've clearly never been part of any true authority hierarchy. Without rank and discipline they don't work. Period. That's why the military is the way it is. Obviously CFB is not synonymous with the military, but any authority structure like that inherently requires respect from subordinates. If you think great coaches, even current ones, allow an environment of disrespect from players to the staff, you are a fool.

I was trolling a tad earlier but on this, I'm not. The my way or the highway approach has ran its course. Like it or not, it's time to adjust.

Um, that approach is all Nick Saban knows and he's in a league of his own. No matter how talented a kid is they know who the ******* boss is. If you're doing it right these ******* kids don't run ****

He verbally disrespected a coach, and tried to fight a coach. How is it dumb to let him leave the team? You can't let stuff like that slide, no matter how talented the player is.

^^^THIS.

There are no shortcuts. Yes, it absolutely SUCKS that Miami isn't back on track—but this is a 15-year issue; one that saw four head coaches over a 10-year span (2006-2015).

Dealt with this during the last rebuild, too—dumb things like Nate Webster faxing his letter and wanting to go pro, changing his mind, but it being too late (and him not being able to come back in 2000.)

You're going to lose some talented kids along the way—collateral damage—as this thing works to get back on track.

... and yes, when you have a player verbally and physically come at a coach—you HAVE to cut ties and move on. The balance of power completely goes out the window for the whole team if you allow a kid to do that and stick around.

Advertisement
**** Jimmy Johnson was another great example and Mario Cristobal said it best about him........players did one of two things, what he told them to do or what he allowed them to do.

Um, that approach is all Nick Saban knows and he's in a league of his own. No matter how talented a kid is they know who the ******* boss is. If you're doing it right these ******* kids don't run ****
Saban has earned that. Guys like Dabo (who has earned it now) know how to tow the line. These kids don't believe in Richt. It's very evident IMO.

LOL you've clearly never been part of any true authority hierarchy. Without rank and discipline they don't work. Period. That's why the military is the way it is. Obviously CFB is not synonymous with the military, but any authority structure like that inherently requires respect from subordinates. If you think great coaches, even current ones, allow an environment of disrespect from players to the staff, you are a fool.

The military? Bad example, our military wins the same way big time programs do, by overwhelming the opposition with resources. If our military had to earn their respect on a level playing field it wouldn’t be close. They never won a ground war ever. But I’ll let that ride because I don’t want to tamper with your behavioral modification.

The parts of the military that do work is because they have good leadership that people follow by consensus, not ‘required respect’ because some automaton has a couple chevrons on his sleeve. My wife is a high ranking officer and I can tell you first hand it’s a **** show that makes Richt look like Saban in comparison. But we do agree that you do need respect but it still has to be earned no matter what level you’re on or you will have mutiny... thus Miami.

The military? Bad example, our military wins the same way big time programs do, by overwhelming the opposition with resources. If our military had to earn their respect on a level playing field it wouldn’t be close. They never won a ground war ever. But I’ll let that ride because I don’t want to tamper with your behavioral modification.

The parts of the military that do work is because they have good leadership that people follow by consensus, not ‘required respect’ because some automaton has a couple chevrons on his sleeve. My wife is a high ranking officer and I can tell you first hand it’s a **** show that makes Richt look like Saban in comparison. But we do agree that you do need respect but it still has to be earned no matter what level you’re on or you will have mutiny... thus Miami.
I am literally dumber from reading that post.

Advertisement
Saban has earned that. Guys like Dabo (who has earned it now) know how to tow the line. These kids don't believe in Richt. It's very evident IMO.

Nobody is arguing about Richt's competence, that's a completely different topic. It still doesn't excuse any kid (only an adult by legal definition, certainly not maturity) doing the things Thomas apparently did and furthermore, doesn't justify your declaration that coaches just need to get used to 18-21 year old, still wet behind the ears breath smelling like similac kids having the upper hands. That's just laughable..........as the head coach and CEO you handle your **** and they will fall in line or get the **** out with no drop off to the organization.

Actually this is spot on from the idea that a hierarchy defined by competence will optimize organizational ability and potential while a hierarchy defined by power is ultimately proven invalid..............and I currently serve in the US Army (have for 12 years).

Advertisement
I would hope not, but good luck young man. I wish you well and hope you get another shot somewhere as I'm sure you will. Learn from this and make not the same mistakes again.

Actually this is spot on from the idea that a hierarchy defined by competence will optimize organizational ability and potential while a hierarchy defined by power is ultimately proven invalid..............and I currently serve in the US Army (have for 12 years).

Thank you. I will remember this.

Just so I understand fully. Are you saying the military follows the optimal way(hierarchy defined by competence) or the invalid way(defined by power)? Thanks.

What do you mean by we never won a ground war? Are you saying we have never won a war that didn't use air planes or boats? Why would we? There is a reason why our Green Berets train other armies across the planet. Obviously we are beyond dominant because we spend the most money and have the best scientists and inventors working on our planes, boats, guns, etc. However, we also have the largest budget for training our troops. Our troops would spank any other countries in a straight out "ground war" because we pay for the best training and the best toys.

If you are talking about taking some random guy out of boot camp or basic training and having him compete in some sort of test of will versus another countries recruit than you may have a point, but no country in the world wants to go toe to toe with Americas infantry.

Advertisement
Back