Is Josh Pate right"

False confidence is hubris. We've been full of hubris and feeling like we have swag.
If you make it to this level u have some sort of self confidence..that’s from a players point of view ..our problem has been establishing a program culture that is conducive to long term success

Advertisement
This all sounds good but to me sanctions came at the absolute worst time for us and prolonged the problems much longer than they would’ve been. Richt laid the groundwork after Golden to get us at least back on track and Manny so far is continuing that.
Sanctions killed our recruiting prowess and that led to losing which then become a terrible terrible cycle

“Swagger”=confidence has been the downfall of our program unfortunately
I really don’t think it’s as simple as that but yeah man sure. You can’t not have confidence and make it this level. In terms of winning annually it’s about the culture of the program as a whole

Advertisement
I have never liked relying on South Florida talent for the OL. The more we do, the worse our lines look.

We have talked a while about the level of coaching guys get in South Florida compared to say Texas. Well, when it comes to O-linemen, we need to start getting guys we know have been well coached, and that can take more coaching. Enough of the "looks the part" BS. We get too many projects on the OL from SFLA that simply never reach the potential we hoped they had.

Now I'm not saying to pass on them all, but I am saying we need to start looking elsewhere, and hard.
Meanwhile, in addition to my above comments on our OOS kids, our FL OL have been our better kids the past decade. Feliciano, Isidora, Flowers, Franklin (one year - Canada before that), McDermott, McDermott, Linder, Darling, St. Louis.

If you wanted to give our staff advice on OL recruiting and facts and data and history mattered to you, you'd probably be best served to tell them to quit wasting their time outside of Florida.

This 2021 class has plenty of steak (Taylor, Williams, Brinson, etc). Finish the season strong against UNC and a NY6 opponent, finish with a strong on the recruiting trail with the 2021 class, and the Canes won’t have to say they are back, it will be evident that they ARE BACK❗🏈

We need to learn to evaluate. There are just as many bad takes in Texas as Florida. If we don’t know what we’re looking for and can’t evaluate it anyhow, it really doesn’t matter who we take. We’ve passed on local linemen who turn out really solid and taken OOS linemen who stink. The problem is staring us in the mirror.

We go to Iowa, we snag Pipho. We go to texas, presto Reggie Youngblood. Go juco- Tyler McMeans. Go California, Bar Milo. Go Ohio, Alex Gall. See the trend?
You're right about evaluations. Man, they have sucked for a generation.

drag this dude when Mario is announced. he was very disrespectful and tbh I took it personally

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back