Is it worth losing this season "if" and it's a HUGE "if"

Boarcane

All ACC
We begin next year with a solid QB, OL and secondary that mentally and physically matured? I'm wanting to find value in these struggles. I wonder if there are any other options. Who else could start in the secondary or on the OL? Move Zion inside and Donaldson to RT with Scaife to LT? I think we're playing what we've got.... Do we have a choice at this point? I was 100% in on the get better every week train, until we regressed week 4.

Advertisement
We begin next year with a solid QB, OL and secondary that mentally and physically matured? I'm wanting to find value in these struggles. I wonder if there are any other options. Who else could start in the secondary or on the OL? Move Zion inside and Donaldson to RT with Scaife to LT? I think we're playing what we've got.... Do we have a choice at this point? I was 100% in on the get better every week train, until we regressed week 4.
Donaldson can't play tackle. They tried that last year. He's just too slow for the speed rush. We better off hoping Zion or someone else develops.

It's never worth losing. If it does happen it is what it is but it's going to set back recruiting a couple more years.

Donaldson can't play tackle. They tried that last year. He's just too slow for the speed rush. We better off hoping Zion or someone else develops.

It's never worth losing. If it does happen it is what it is but it's going to set back recruiting a couple more years.
I know he did, but he wasn't as bad as Zion imho

This is a reason I don't want major staff changes this year. Hoping it's all part of a long game. Baby steps that sets us up for a returning OL and QB for next year.

Fan bases are set up for that. Hey, we're not Tennessee.

Advertisement
Gonna be a rough year with the young O-line. Hang in there fellas and lets just take this season for what it is.....a learning experience.

The only benefit to losing would be that it moves Manny’s departure up by one year.
But then the Dan Enos head coaching era will begin so who the **** cares?

Playing for the future is the most antiquated belief or excuse fans still want to use to tolerate mediocrity. If winning isn’t important to you now, it’s not important enough to you to win in the future

I know he did, but he wasn't as bad as Zion imho
It's still not the move. Someone else needs to develop maybe it's Zion or maybe not but Donaldson is a Guard. No need to move him. The line will only get worse if you do.

Advertisement
You pose that question as if it's possible to not suck this season. We're 2-2and easily could have been 1-3. Wins don't inspire confidence by themselves, especially when dumb luck played as big a role as anything our team did.

You pose that question as if it's possible to not suck this season. We're 2-2and easily could have been 1-3. Wins don't inspire confidence by themselves, especially when dumb luck played as big a role as anything our team did.
You do realize we could just as easily be 4-0 🤔

You do realize we could just as easily be 4-0 🤔
Yes, but we really look like crap. Thats the problem, not the record. There's not a lot of difference between 7-6 and 9-4. Nobody sees the foundation of a championship program being laid down. It seems like they're trying to do just enough to either just barely win or lose by a couple points.

Advertisement
Back