Is it safe to assume that if we get JC......

bobbydigius

illiterate
Premium
With Turner decommitting and Hester on board, if JC Jackson commits is Mayes out also? Or do they keep him and only bump him out if we need to make room for one of the elite kids?

Advertisement
Very good question. I think if Jackson is the last one, Mayes squeaks in. Anyone else and he is out.

I would say so. This DB class is going to be absolutely bonkers if we can get JC too. Bethel, Gayot, Hester are instant depth and if they are true playmakers, maybe help on the field too. JC is going to be icing on the cake.

Him or Bethel imo. Bethel is doing the recruiting games if we learned anything from the Demetrius Jackson fiasco then he better tread lightly. Would love to keep Mayes in this class.

Advertisement
Mayes is in **** man why is everybody questioning this kid? Kid has big upside even if we bench him for a couple of years. Now unless we get many studs and we need room this kid should be in this class no doubt

Advertisement
I think Mayes is gone.

Yeah this is where making the numbers work becomes very very important. On one hand, I always felt Mayes was a borderline kid in the class in terms of talent, still as gogeta said, if you are gonna take a project, you want him to have plus size. Well Mayes is pretty big for a DB. So on one hand from a talent standpoint I dont care if he is in the class or not, but I remind myself that even with Hester, our Safety situation isnt ideal yet from a numbers standpoint, and it appears JC is a corner all the way. Its one of those situations that Im not sure what should be done, because we still need depth at safety on one hand, but you cant turn away an eliet talent at another position if they want in.....

I don't think so. Dennis was barely recruited for awhile so it was just a matter of time before he decided to go elsewhere. Also our safety group is gonna have 3 starters frim this season next year and we like to rotate our guys alot. We needed safety depth and still do. I doubt that we will get rid of him. I think we will be bring in alot of kids this year. Like 35ish

I would say so. This DB class is going to be absolutely bonkers if we can get JC too. Bethel, Gayot, Hester are instant depth and if they are true playmakers, maybe help on the field too. JC is going to be icing on the cake.

I stand by thinking that Gayot is gonna be a LB here....

Advertisement
Whatever happens with Mayes I hope it goes down smoothly for both parties.

The last thing we want to do is burn the Northwestern bridge that we have spent a lifetime trying to build up.

Advertisement
If there is one thing I've learned about recruiting over the years, it's to never assume anything when it comes to recruiting.

Imagine our secondary in two years when we land some of these 2015 guys. Best secondary in America?

Imagine our secondary in two years when we land some of these 2015 guys. Best secondary in America?

It could already be there starting next season! If Artie takes that next step and starts to dominate, then just think of the 4: Artie, Jenkins, Deon, and Tracy! With Ladarius and Jamal at the safety position and Antonio and either JC or Nigel behind the other corner!

Being able to bring in big time talent and those guys having to sit out is what the best teams can do. Alabama rotates in new guys each year and it seems like every year they have a new DB that is a high first round pick. They don't skip a beat and there is always a guy waiting to dominate. Landon Collins was the number 1 safety two years ago and he didn't play much if at all last season because there were other guys that were more developed and he has to wait until this year but when they brought him in- he was ready! Bringing in the best talent consistently and making them wait to develop is how you win for years in a row! That's what we are trying to do!

Advertisement
Back