Is it really neccessary to rank 25 teams?

Advertisement
The local newspaper ranks the 8 high schools in the county. They dont need to but its its whatever. Its kinda like stats, we dont need em but we like them

sure but division 1 baksetball has over 300 teams. they arent ranking 60 of them.

i just think the top 15 is fine. but i know why it has to be. the AP and coaches can still rank them. Just not certain the committee needs to waste time doing teams 16-25.
The fact is the other rankings don't matter. When the CFP Committee took over, the other ranking are obsolete because all post season games are based on the CFP rankings.

I mean really? IA state with 4 losses at 22 just because they beat an over rated texas team and had a close loss to OU. Same with USC W.

I'm not sure why it even matters to me. It shouldn't but it is annoying to see 4 loss teams ranked above 1 loss teams.

Just to satisfy your curiosity and what not. I'll say si amigo, because there's something like " 130 teams at the FBS level now. Nevertheless, I prefer the archaic rankings of TWENTY TEAMS. After all, once one contrast the teams after the Top 15, or so, the teams are basically similar and all that. I believe they call that PARITY in the NBA. dUh.

Advertisement
There has always been a bias towards certain teams in the polls.not an sec slurper but that conference has dominated cfb as far as ncs are concerned since 2006.only 4 non sec teams have won the nc since then.we ( the canes) need to man up and go change the situation.

I mean really? IA state with 4 losses at 22 just because they beat an over rated texas team and had a close loss to OU. Same with USC W.

I'm not sure why it even matters to me. It shouldn't but it is annoying to see 4 loss teams ranked above 1 loss teams.
LoNgHoRn NaTiOn WeRe BaCk

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back