Is it me, or

Topgoon

Redshirt Freshman
does LM seem to be going down easier than earlier in the season? With a couple of exceptions, he went down on first contact. James and Clements, although lacking Miller's speed and wiggle, seem to fight more after contact.

IAC, congrats to LM on yet another 100+ game.

Advertisement
Yesterday was the first time I saw him hit the hole with authority in a while, but agree that he needs to improve on yards after contact. It seems he really doesn't want to fall on his bad shoulder.

He is definitely running differently. Rather than putting a foot in the ground and going straight upfield he is sort of weaving in open space. He still is performing well, but it's a noticeable change in the way he carries the football. I noticed a lot less of it in the second half though - and Lamar has been a strong second half performer all year. Maybe it's just taking him a little longer to get his legs under him in the games.

Yesterday was the first time I saw him hit the hole with authority in a while, but agree that he needs to improve on yards after contact. It seems he really doesn't want to fall on his bad shoulder.

Definitely this. The last few games up until the Duke game he was very timid and tip toeing in the backfield and into the holes. He must have been challenged by the coaching staff this week because he ran differently yesterday.

Definitely this. The last few games up until the Duke game he was very timid and tip toeing in the backfield and into the holes. He must have been challenged by the coaching staff this week because he ran differently yesterday.

I imagine Golden told him if your hurt we will rest you up, if not start running like you mean it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back